Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The Silver Trail" Annual State Based Trip Proposal

Realise everyone has been taken aback with the passing of Rick over the weekend, and whilst a tragic loss, I'm sure Rick and his family would like us to celebrate the life rather than continue to mourn the loss.

As such, I'm proposing that we have a state based trip each year (can be any trip organised as a group from the forum), and dub them something like "The Silver Trail Queensland" etc in memory of our mate - a trip more dedicated to seeing this great land of ours, rather than an out and out four wheel drive play.

Photography, hunting, camping, exploring would be the basis of the theme for each to ensure as many can attend them as possible with more standard setups etc. For those that attended the Condamine trip in Queensland, something along those lines is what I'm thinking - doing things and going to places we normally drive straight past - doesn't have to be a thousand miles from home and can be done over a long weekend or something - very family oriented also.

More than happy to be the coordinator for the QLD one, and would encourage people to put up their hand in other states and take ownership (as it were) for organising other states.

Over to you for your thoughts on the concept, the naming convention for the trip, and when and where it should be held each year - thinking (and just my thoughts) that it would be nothing short of awesome if there was one weekend per year when the forum was just about empty, as each state was having the trip at the same time, doing a similar type of run, all in remembrance of a mate who loved the outdoors and all this great land has to offer.

Cheers
    Scotty

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Bigrig For This Useful Post:

Bob (22nd October 2012), GUtsy ute (22nd October 2012), hekarewe (23rd October 2012), macca86 (22nd October 2012), Mal H (24th October 2012), MC97GQ (22nd October 2012), MudDonk (22nd October 2012), mudski (5th December 2012), NissanGQ4.2 (22nd October 2012), ozzymalone (24th October 2012), pearcey (22nd March 2013), rkinsey (23rd October 2012), sam697 (22nd October 2012), Sir Roofy (22nd October 2012), Stropp (22nd October 2012), threedogs (22nd October 2012), Warnie (24th October 2012), Winnie (22nd October 2012), Woof (23rd October 2012)