Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 21,183 Times in 8,687 Posts
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

AB's new camper trailer - Round 2

Well I'm finally home. Just did an 8 hour round trip to pick this up and I'm buggered!!!

I'm like a kid at Christmas time with this new addition and I'm very happy with it.

The guy has spent a lot of time and effort converting this Windsor pop top into an offroad machine and the quality of workmanship can be noticed!

Anyways, I'm exhausted....lol...Here's some pics below. I couldn't put it all the way up under the carport. The canvas got wet when he was showing me the camper so I have to air it out tonight but you get the picture.

I love the inside....He has put LED's everywhere, new fridge and more customized 12V gadgets then you can imagine!

I love the CD player and speakers in the roof too...lol

The tyres are the same stud pattern as Patrol's and the spare tyre was actually off his old GU so thumbs up!

Here are the details and specs as the seller explained. I have been looking for something like this for over 5 years now and the timing wasn't right for me but I just had to take this opportunity when it came up!

Our much-loved Camper Van is a very solid, comfortable and functional item, and has been part of family holidays for a long time. 1984 Windsor Sunwagon, with full off-road conversion. 4/6 berth, with U-shaped seating area, solid wind-up roof (with screened opening vent), canvas upper sides, zip-open flyscreened windows. Galley includes sink, Electrolux 3 way fridge (replacement item), Chef 2 burner stove with griller & oven. This has always been stored in a shed when not in use. It tows very easily, and is lower than the roof of the 4WD. The body is 2M wide.

Off-road conversion: increased road clearance and strengthened chassis, heavy duty axle with independent suspension, very heavy duty springs. Heavy hubs & bearings, 14 inch electric brake drums, 15 inch wheels (as on Nissan Patrol, Holden Jackeroo etc) with Bridgestone Dueller H/T tyres and. Draw bar strengthened with additional bracing. Coupling replaced with ring & pintle; however the original standard tow ball coupling is included and can be readily refitted.

Extra’s: Canopies to both ends. Awning. LED interior lights, external light, door & step lights. CD/AM/FM radio. 4 - 12V DC power outlets. Roof bars. Fire extinguisher
    This is much-loved, but is a used item; there are marks & scratches. These are cosmetic only with no structural concern. Known are:
    1. Dented aluminium exterior panel at rear, beneath number plate
    2. Stone dents behind car wheels at front
    3. Minor damage to a flyscreen (repairable)
    4. Marks on lining panel (cosmetic only).
    5. Moth holes in cushion cover over table for use as bed – due to long term storage (never used)
    Attached Images Attached Images