OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: North Stradbroke & Moreton Island...... anyone ?

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

North Stradbroke & Moreton Island...... anyone ?

I don't have any trip dates set yet , but Im posting this on the off chance, anyone would be interested in a future weekend trip to North Stradbroke Island, with a day over on Moreton Island ?

Its not the cheapest trip so certainly won't be for everyone, its a lot to spend on just a weekend, but our family have spent more $$ having less fun doing other stuff, Moreton Island (if you haven't been) has been compared to Fraser island by many people, and Straddie is also a great place, in fact its the sand island i choose to visit most.

Moreton Island is expensive to get to at the best of times (about $265 return, car+ family of 4), to get to straddie costs about $135 return, but there is a car ferry between straddie and moreton, so if you are already on straddie,you can take your car and family over to Moreton for a day for $110 return (+ permit cost)

So doing it this way, the "total" ferry cost for both islands is cheaper than just going to Moreton ($245), spend a day on Moreton Island and you get a day on North Stradbroke for free, there is other small bonuses to doing it this way, but ill see if anyones interested bofore going into that.
    Last edited by 04OFF; 30th June 2011 at 11:14 AM. Reason: add some info
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

patch697 (30th June 2011)