OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 65

Thread: Warn Winch Service Manuals 6k to 12k

  1. #21
    Patrol God threedogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melb
    Posts
    31,636
    Thanks
    10,350
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yeah steel wire rope.lol

    Have anyone done a "HOW TO" about pressurizing a winch.
    Just remembered I have a spare winch here to get it right
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

     

  3. #22
    Patrol God threedogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melb
    Posts
    31,636
    Thanks
    10,350
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Better off buying a synthetic rope to use as an extension. The cable weighs a ton and is bulky to store.
    Bit old school now I think about it, but seems a waste to throw it out,
    But saves buying some plasma for $170. Easy to store lie flat on the roof or It will coil up
    inside my faux wheel. I'll keep it
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

  4. #23
    Travelling Podologist Cuppa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ballarat, Vic
    Posts
    6,767
    Thanks
    2,146
    Thanked 7,463 Times in 3,018 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Better off buying a synthetic rope to use as an extension. The cable weighs a ton and is bulky to store.
    Yep, not that Iíve ever needed it (yet) Iíve got 30m synthetic rope on the winch & a second 30m still in itís plastic bag behind the seats. The SWR did come in useful when I used the winch to haul a large dead pig onto the back of a neigbours ute though.

    2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper.
    Patrol Sold after 11 years of ownership Replaced with 2006 OKA NT Expedition Truck. Cummins, Allison & lots of goodies
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

  5. #24
    Patrol Guru sooty_10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bendigo
    Posts
    831
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked 531 Times in 341 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Yeah steel wire rope.lol

    Have anyone done a "HOW TO" about pressurizing a winch.
    Just remembered I have a spare winch here to get it right
    I have simply drilled and tapped a screw in barbed fitting into my motor housing ensuring to miss the field magnets. Then run some hose to an old airhorn low pressure pump I had lying around. When I turn on the winch isolation it turns on the compressor. Its pretty noisy but still blows air, so I may even put a separate switch for just the air compressor.

    Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to sooty_10 For This Useful Post:

    jay see (1st September 2016)

  7. #25
    Legendary jay see's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,401
    Thanks
    4,585
    Thanked 3,875 Times in 2,071 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sooty_10 View Post
    I have simply drilled and tapped a screw in barbed fitting into my motor housing ensuring to miss the field magnets. Then run some hose to an old airhorn low pressure pump I had lying around. When I turn on the winch isolation it turns on the compressor. Its pretty noisy but still blows air, so I may even put a separate switch for just the air compressor.

    Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
    Clever boy..

    Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

  8. #26
    Moderator MudRunnerTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Geelong
    Posts
    15,432
    Thanks
    12,252
    Thanked 13,566 Times in 6,624 Posts
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    If you kept your old SWR take it to a place like Nobles,,,all lifting and safety
    and get them to swage eyelets on each end, makes a very good rated,,long
    extension cable.
    Nah bugger that! Junk it! Not a waste, it's simply obsolete. You have replaced it for safety reasons then you want to put it back into the recover. No way. It's junk. Recycle bin is where it belongs.

    Buying 50m of synthetic rope for your winch and cutting off 20m for an extension strap for the win. It's lite, it's safe.

    Buy 60m and cut it in half. Half on the winch and half as an extension. After a fair it of use swap them. You now have anew winch rope and a spare as an extension.

    Junk the wire.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

    threedogs (2nd September 2016), Winnie (1st September 2016)

  10. #27
    The master farter mudski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eltham North
    Posts
    15,650
    Thanks
    8,722
    Thanked 11,362 Times in 6,462 Posts
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wheres the best place to buy new rope these days?

    Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

  11. #28
    Administrator AB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Christmas Hills - Yarra Glen - Victoria
    Posts
    28,210
    Thanks
    13,715
    Thanked 21,059 Times in 8,665 Posts
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Nah bugger that! Junk it! Not a waste, it's simply obsolete. You have replaced it for safety reasons then you want to put it back into the recover. No way. It's junk. Recycle bin is where it belongs. Buying 50m of synthetic rope for your winch and cutting off 20m for an extension strap for the win. It's lite, it's safe. Buy 60m and cut it in half. Half on the winch and half as an extension. After a fair it of use swap them. You now have anew winch rope and a spare as an extension. Junk the wire.
    Have to agree 3D, the days of wire are gone mate and so they should with the strength and easiness of rope for splicing for extensions and breakages, etc.

    There's a video somewhere I put up when I did mine and if done correctly is a stronger permanent fix then the rest of your rope.

    Easy to handle, easy to store extensions, happy days!

  12. #29
    Patrol God BigRAWesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mount Gambier, SA
    Posts
    13,537
    Thanks
    15,942
    Thanked 4,730 Times in 3,152 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Wheres the best place to buy new rope these days?

    Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Ebay..
    I actually haven't seen it in any shops..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

  13. #30
    The master farter mudski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eltham North
    Posts
    15,650
    Thanks
    8,722
    Thanked 11,362 Times in 6,462 Posts
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah its been a while since i bought new rope, the current rope is a bit worse for wear but i keep putting it off.

    Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •