Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Window defrost system

Hello all,

I've looked in the forum to see if anybody had posted any improvements to their trucks for the winter weather. In particular I'm looking at defoggers for the back side windows and windshield. My brother had a '95 safari TD and i believe his had defogger in the back side windows as well as on the windshield... I don't know about anybody else in here but even after turning on the heat at full blast most of my windows get fogged; I use the liquid defog from CDN tire but when there's more than one person in the truck it doesn't work very well.

I found a link for an aftermarket defogger but would like to hear back from some of you to see if anybody has added defroster systems to the back side windows and windshield.

http://www.frostfighter.com/prt2600.htm

I've also considered just buying the electric defrosters and screw it some place in the cargo area...

I've also found aftermarket seat heaters which I'm also considering to buy.

http://www.frostfighter.com/prt2600.htm

Cheers.
    Luis.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nach323 For This Useful Post:

Finly Owner (23rd November 2011)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess i forgot to mention that mine is a 1991 GQ with the 4.2 diesel engine.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Same car as mine mate. You should have the rear barn door defoggers as standard?

I have the same problem with the rear sides and it makes it impossible to see whats going on when reversing in tight bush areas.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was talking to another guy from Vancouver who's got the same truck and he mentioned that the rear vents might be blocked because he says he doesn't have that problem. I don't know how to unblock the vents though, I know that no air comes out of them because I checked them before and actually thought they were there just for show. I'm going to try find out how to do that first but I still think that installing a defroster systems might be a good addition...

Yeah, there rear doors come with the defoggers, but it's all the other windows that fog up and yeah, it's just like you said, makes it impossible to see what's around you specially when you are in tight spots.
    Last edited by Nach323; 22nd November 2011 at 11:48 AM.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to ask, do the Nissan Safari and patrol run on 12v or 24v in Australia, or you can find both types?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nach323 View Post
    Forgot to ask, do the Nissan Safari and patrol run on 12v or 24v in Australia, or you can find both types?
    Safari's are 24volt and Patrols are 12volt mate - not sure if there are some 12 volt safari's out there, but predominantly 24.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a patrol that was 24 volt very annoying to get electrical stuff for sometimes

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice link thanks

Tim
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question.... Do you use your Air Conditioning system in the car? If not then you should turn it on even with the heater on and it will sort out most of the fog issues. Your talking extremes there but it should make a massive difference.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question.... Do you use your Air Conditioning system in the car? If not then you should turn it on even with the heater on and it will sort out most of the fog issues. Your talking extremes there but it should make a massive difference.
    x2 with Mud runner here, used to do this in the winter months in the UK, A/C on with your heater and switch your vents to recirculate the air instead of drawing it in from the outside........turning on the A/C acts as a de-humidifier so helps keep moisture in the air to a minimum. Admittedly not good for you're fuel economy but will definitely improve your all round vision

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast