Thread: How to tell lift height?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool How to tell lift height?

Have a GU 1998 Patrol 190K, was looking at renewing the shocks, it has nissan Ul15 56210 VB010 at rear and 56110 in front. Remembered the fellow I bought it off said it was raised, I thought he said 3", but that would need different shocks, would it not? How can I tell what lift extension height it is? Regards and thanks Brissy owner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate if someone was not knowledgeable or just dodgy youy could 'lift' the springs and not the shocks. Big problem when the spring wants to out travel the shock your shockies are getting hammered. You must match your shocks to your springs for maximum safety and performance

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to growler2058 For This Useful Post:

wildgu6 (2nd November 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the flex (avatar) there Growler, looks like you just dropped an axle...*L*

Welcome Brissy owner, drop by the intro section mate and intro' yourself to our members and im sure one of the guru's could tell you what you want to know
    Only way i can suggest buddy, is check std height in GU specs and where measured from and re-measure current.

Cheers Pete
    "Tonka Tuff" 08-GU6, 3.0lt crd, 5 Speed, Turbo Diesel, Hpd, Arb, Ome, MT Baja Atz.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Further to my lift height query, my GU measures front number of spring coils 7 to bearers, fitted spring height L 265mm R 250mm, Wheel Rim centre to guard L560mm R520mm, some tools etc in back prob account for difference with driver side wear. Any members sizes with known standard or lift height would be much appreciated thanks

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there should be a code on the spring due to saging over time i'm not sure if the tape would be spot on but could be wrong i'd take it to someone and ask if they can find out the code to match the lift. not sure if it will help i just put a 3" in today in my truck and before ride height was 885mm all round from ground to bottom of flare but extra's will play with that to good luck

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sr06 View Post
    ......... not sure if it will help i just put a 3" in today in my truck and before ride height was 885mm all round from ground to bottom of flare but extra's will play with that to good luck
    Your better off measuring from the centre of your hub mate, the size of your tyre then become irrelevant. From the centre hub will account for tyre wear, tyre size. For your records and comparison definitely go centre of hub to underside of flare.

Cheers
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

sr06 (19th November 2011)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Your better off measuring from the centre of your hub mate, the size of your tyre then become irrelevant. From the centre hub will account for tyre wear, tyre size. For your records and comparison definitely go centre of hub to underside of flare.

Cheers
    yah i throught about that after thanks

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is a document that the rta use that has all of these factory measurements in it as in ride hight and track. I'll see if i can hunt it down