OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: Best bang for buck tyres

  1. #11
    Administrator AB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Christmas Hills - Yarra Glen - Victoria
    Posts
    28,210
    Thanks
    13,715
    Thanked 21,059 Times in 8,665 Posts
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Actually Leah has done a good 50k on her Maxxis AT on her Nav and still a good 20k left. I do reckon the KM1's were better then the KM2's though!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

     

  3. #12
    Patrol Freak Bush Ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,005
    Thanks
    1,381
    Thanked 944 Times in 491 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Actually Leah has done a good 50k on her Maxxis AT on her Nav and still a good 20k left. I do reckon the KM1's were better then the KM2's though!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I heard that the rubber on the km2 are softer and never checked to see how true the story was.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bush Ranger For This Useful Post:

    AB (23rd September 2017)

  5. #13
    Advanced
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Nowra
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So no one has had a good experience with cooper tyres?

  6. #14
    Administrator AB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Christmas Hills - Yarra Glen - Victoria
    Posts
    28,210
    Thanks
    13,715
    Thanked 21,059 Times in 8,665 Posts
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bush Ranger View Post
    I heard that the rubber on the km2 are softer and never checked to see how true the story was.
    It is possible, just watching Rosscos km1's and my 2's are going down as we do similar Km's is interesting.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

    Bush Ranger (23rd September 2017)

  8. #15
    Advanced
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Nowra
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I just can't spend 2k ATM on tyres. I'm on a set budget and need a few other things as well , but I also don't wanna waste my money either I was quoted $1995 for 5 km2 bfg or these? If I go bfg just means I'll have to sacrifice the rear drawers I wanted which ide like to get for our end of year Victoria trip

  9. #16
    The 747 Winnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Gippsland, VIC
    Posts
    15,841
    Thanks
    7,299
    Thanked 12,500 Times in 6,280 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    It is possible, just watching Rosscos km1's and my 2's are going down as we do similar Km's is interesting.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My KM2s have worn very quickly, they've been a great offroad tyre but I'm not happy with how long they have lasted.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

    AB (23rd September 2017)

  11. #17
    Patrol Freak Bush Ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,005
    Thanks
    1,381
    Thanked 944 Times in 491 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @AB I bought my km2s when the wagon had done around 187 000 Ks and I have done 237 000 so far. They look a bit beyond 60 percent.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bush Ranger For This Useful Post:

    AB (23rd September 2017)

  13. #18
    Patrol Guru gubigfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    764
    Thanks
    926
    Thanked 576 Times in 314 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call around on the BFG tyres I recently bought 3 of the AT KO2 and had about a $40 difference per tyre in price, it was Tyres and More that got my business not sure if they're are over east.
    2004 4.2TDi GU ST Ute, 3" Exhaust, UHF, Lightforce Spotties, BFG All Terrains, Steel Winchbar, Winch, Dual Batts, CC Ultimate IC, 4" Snorkel, XLR8 Steps and Scrub bar

  14. #19
    ......... MB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Yarra Valley
    Posts
    8,833
    Thanks
    23,473
    Thanked 11,527 Times in 5,075 Posts
    Mentioned
    476 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    My KM2s have worn very quickly, they've been a great offroad tyre but I'm not happy with how long they have lasted. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    KM2's Winnie mate IMHO agreed definitely wear to 50% so much faster than the KM1's. Performance wise the KM2's grip rocks & release crud so much better than KM1's. I personally believe that BFG might have also woken up their thinking that 100,000k + I used to experience was not financially viable? Watching Mrs MB's little paddock/school mountain run 33's with interest appears that they've slowed wear at 50% ;-) Maybe it makes us re-buy fresh lugs more frequently:-)

  15. #20
    Legendary GQtdauto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Northeast Victoria
    Posts
    3,012
    Thanks
    5,164
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrodieTiGQ View Post
    So I just can't spend 2k ATM on tyres. I'm on a set budget and need a few other things as well , but I also don't wanna waste my money either I was quoted $1995 for 5 km2 bfg or these? If I go bfg just means I'll have to sacrifice the rear drawers I wanted which ide like to get for our end of year Victoria trip
    You can try fleabay and gumtree etc but be careful of old rubber no matter how much tread is on them , Patrola part may have good tyres so check the wreckers , but other than that it's go the cheapys and the draws and hope they don't wear too quick .

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •