lockright diff lock

hi,

been looking at the lockright diff locks here;

http://www.toptraction.com.au/page5.php

Powertrax Lock Right Diff Locker Nissan Patrol

Suites:

GQ/GU H233B 31 spline

Part# PT 3210

They seem a good price and I like the idea of something that's automatic. Would this be the right one to get (31 spline), how much should I expect to pay to get it fitted and does anyone know anywhere cheaper to get them?

Thanks

ps. this site says the part number is 3220, maybe one is a typo as the other details are the same.

pps. also found this statement on a forum, so maybe 3210 is correct for Oz Patrols.

"Yours would be the non-US model, or international model and it is a RG3210, the US model takes a RG3220 that is on our website, price is $386.38 powertrax has 10 in stock and they do not make them anymore"
    Last edited by boggy2006; 17th February 2011 at 10:36 PM.
    1981 Nissan Patrol MQ SWB, 3.3TD, West Melbourne.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    31 spline fits front diff only.
    Drive in-drive out fitting you could expect to pay about $400.If you remove the diff centre from the axle housing yourself then it will cost about half that.

Tony

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks, removing the diff housing doesn't sound too bad. Is it a case of slide the axle shafts out a bit, remove the drive shaft to the front, undo all the bolts around the diff housing and withdraw the centre?

The internal bits I'm a bit nervous about, making sure it all goes back together correctly. Might entrust that bit to a garage.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One end of the tie rod (steering arm behind the front diff) will need to be dropped off.

Tony

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh yes thanks, had that off a couple of times already to fit the new shocks. Also forgot something to support the diff too, as I expect they a blinkin' heavy!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I bit the bullet and fitted a LOKKA to the front diff of my 'Q. Was pretty proud since it was the first diff I had ever pulled apart and glad I did it but I won't do it again.

The diff is one heavy Mofo, the fill plug did NOT want to come out and without a hoist it is a bit of a PIA working under the truck and wrestling the weight of the diff. After getting the diff itself apart to fit the auto locker needed a rattle gun and reassembly requires a good Torque Wrench both of which I had.

As I said glad I did it so I know what's involved and how it all works with the Auto Locker but IMHO $400 would be a very fair price for a "drive in drive out" job at a Workshop.

PS why is it that Drain plugs will come out easy but never the Fill plugs on any G'box, Transfer Case, Diff etc... Jeez the Murphy bloke was an rrsehole
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, mine on the rear were tight as, couldn't undo them even with an extension bar. No match for the electric impact driver though, that shifted them! I learnt a useful tip off the forum, don't drain take the drain plug out until you know you can get the fill plug out!! Wise words!

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boggy2006 View Post
    oh yes thanks, had that off a couple of times already to fit the new shocks. Also forgot something to support the diff too, as I expect they a blinkin' heavy!
    Support the diff centre with a trolley jack if you have one. If you don't have a trolley jack DON'T put your hand under the diff when you slip it out, they are bloody heavy.

Tony

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sent an inquiry off to Top Traction....they are in Melbourne too!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same issue, looking at a lokka on ebay but the part number is a 3220.... it still suits a 31 spline diff as far as I can find.... Any ideas on?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast