Thread: Selling Shorty

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Selling Shorty

well guys the time has come to sell shorty, its been a fun car to have but getting older with changing priorities the SWB has been increasingly not as desirable to holiday in.

my time on NP.com.au has been awesome, i will be sticking around on the forum as its been a pleasure getting to know everyone in the last two years and i hope i will still be welcome to come along to future meetups in an albeit lessa capable vehicle.

at the moment i have my heart set on a Nissan Pathfinder, they seem to be in an affordable price range for me and while not being as capable of a 4wd, they will be much more comfortable than the shorty to tour in and able to get me most places, which is more what im interested in. please see below my advert which i spread to the various places on the interweb.

Regrettable Sale $3500

For Sale is my 1991 SWB GQ Manual Nissan Patrol. This car is a great offroad machine but unfortunately i have lost interest in it. The car has primarily been used for touring however it has been taken offroad a few times.

Specs:
    TB42 on Dual Fuel, Manual Gearbox, Towbar

The Good:
    Has a 2 year old King Springs 2" lift Kit
    10000 pound Winch
    Stainless steel snorkel(however not fully connected to motor)
    Full Size Aluminum Roof Rack
    After market Stereo with 6x9 Speakers in rear doors
    Brand new Head, has done 10000k's since it was installed in november 2012
    Gearbox and clutch all in good condition.
    Comes rolling on 31" Highway tyres but will also include a set of 5 offroad 33" tyres
    Dual Fuel
    Brand New Windscreen
    Replaced Rear windows with solid windows
    Serviced every 5000k's with no oil leaks
    GME UHF 40 Channel Radio

The Bad: Less than a month Registration
    Interior needs work. comes with all parts to be re-fitted(as they were removed when car was painted in 2012)
    Front left wheel bearing has gone and i dont have to time nor interest to fix it. will pass a roadworthy once this is fixed

Location Wollongong NSW

this car would be perfect for a person looking for a serious offroad vehicle or somthing as a tow vehicle. the price is definately negotiable please do not hesitate to enquire.

PM me and well get in touch if you are interested
    $_240.JPG
    $_230.JPG
    $_205.JPG
    $_220.JPG
    $_201.JPG
    $_20.JPG
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,665 Times in 3,125 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck with the sale mate.
    But not even a tb48 gu in the budget??
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We'll allow you to sell the shorty but you gotta make sure you stick around mate!!!....but a Pathy?? What are you thinking...LOL

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did i just read your going to buy my GQ *L* Good luck with the sell mate and no doubt I will catch up with you again shortly.............I'm thinking of doing a day trip down 2 Kiama with the family so when I do I'll give u a call and see if your around home.

Edit: Shame this wasn't 8 months ago when I bought the crappadore, I would of bought it of you always the way
    Last edited by NissanGQ4.2; 14th February 2014 at 05:46 PM.
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

Ben-e-boy (14th February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wow Nic i just saw your add on FB and came looking here, Bugger. Its a pleasure to meet you mate, do go anywhere, your welcome here. Top Bloke gents!

What year are you looking at for the pathy? consider a LWB GQ or GU mate, even an early 2.8TD GU would be a gem mate!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Drewboyaus (14th February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah man, stick with the Patrol mate. You'll sit in the Pathy when you get it home and it just won't be the same!
    You could even think about a GU.....
    LOL

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Westy's Accessories View Post
    Good luck with the sale mate.
    But not even a tb48 gu in the budget??
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisshead View Post
    We'll allow you to sell the shorty but you gotta make sure you stick around mate!!!....but a Pathy?? What are you thinking...LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    Did i just read your going to buy my GQ *L* Good luck with the sell mate and no doubt I will catch up with you again shortly.............I'm thinking of doing a day trip down 2 Kiama with the family so when I do I'll give u a call and see if your around home.

Edit: Shame this wasn't 8 months ago when I bought the crappadore, I would of bought it of you always the way
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Wow Nic i just saw your add on FB and came looking here, Bugger. Its a pleasure to meet you mate, do go anywhere, your welcome here. Top Bloke gents!

What year are you looking at for the pathy? consider a LWB GQ or GU mate, even an early 2.8TD GU would be a gem mate!
    ok so the main reason i want to sell it is if im to do more touring, the SWB is just NOT the vehicle to do it in its not roomy enough for two people to tour in and its REALLY bumpy.

so i want a diesel, in my mind to tour around, it just HAS to be a diesel so that rules out the 4.5 and 4.8 GU's. diesel GQ's are getting too old, i just want somthing i can drive and not worry about this or that breaking down. my budget for a new car would be 15-20k, 20k is stretching. i would love to own a GU, but i figure more that 10 years old is too much and anything less than would be outta my price range. the pathfinder will be '05 onwards, being the 2.5l turbo diesel, i believe its the same motor as the D22 navara, which is a pretty strong motor, also i went with a mate to test drive one(for him a few months ago) and i loved it roomy inside, fold flat seats for lazy camping, reasonable clearance, to get me most places but mainly it was the roominess lol.

I hadn't considered the 2.8GU's so i will look into that Dazz thanks for the idea.

Todd, timing is always a btch, and you know your always welcome at mine come around whenever you please well have a BBQ.

Chrisso, your the first bloke i met from the forum, for that you will always be special lol, will you be my valentine? dont worry im not going anywhere you blokes are awesome(that goes for you too roofy!!!) see above for the answer to all your other crude statements =P

Edit: another reason for choosing the pathfinder is that there is no way im going over to the darkside, i woudlnt even consider a toymota and i dont want a Ute, what other turbo diesels are available out there that are 4x4 capable and fairly reliable?
    Last edited by rusty_nail; 14th February 2014 at 08:21 PM.

Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (14th February 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    Yeah man, stick with the Patrol mate. You'll sit in the Pathy when you get it home and it just won't be the same!
    You could even think about a GU.....
    LOL
    mate i just felt dirty when posting those adverts on the net, but it just has to be done lol. i know the pathy wont be a fulfilling as the troll, but when the time comes and im older with more money, ill probably head back to a patrol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mate, for 15-20K you would get an absolutely mint TD42 GQ LWB with 200K, plenty of fruit and an unmarked interior. I would tour in that in front of a Pathy any day of the week.
    Just sayin'

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (14th February 2014), rusty_nail (14th February 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Nick I just sat down to have a proper read and I want to come up to sydney and punch you round the ring??

I understand selling shorty but mate you could get a great GU at the moment or a off its tits GQ????

A Pathfinder is crappy junk mate??? why would you go from something that has the toughest drive line around to one of those bloody things???

What ever you do you are on this forum for life mate even if you buy a GREAT WALL!!!!!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (14th February 2014), rusty_nail (14th February 2014)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast