0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

couple of 4inch lift question..

Hey all.

Im looking at purchasing this 4-5 inch kit for my GQ wagon-
    4-5" AmadaXtreme lift kit Super flex Radius Arms
    Product #7688
    from superior engineering i just have a few questions to clear up. 1- after a bit of research iv decided on this kit so any advice or input is great 2 why is it that the kit doesn't require rear lower control arms and also larger or disconnectable sway bars?? 3 do i not need longer bump stops to fit this kit? and lastly im looking at installing the kit my self have done other 2 inch kits but not the full 4 - will i survive haha cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi mate,

First off head over to the Introduction Section and start an intro thread, say g'day when you enter the room mate

You should consider adjustable upper rear control arms to adjust the pinion angle once your done and if you have the cash HD standard length lower arms as they can be very exposed once you start using a decent 4" lift.

You will almost certainly need to extend your front and rear bump stops and you should be talking directly with the guys at Superiors about that mate. Thy should be able to guide you but you will still need to take some measurements and make some adjustments to your set up when your fitting it.

Extended sway bar links will be required.

You will almost certainly need adjustable panards front and rear.

I would recommend Drop Boxes for your caster correction.

Head over to the intro section mate and say g'day please.

Cheers MR
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

89gqpatrol4x4 (17th January 2014), growler2058 (17th January 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My GQ with 5" superiors setup with Amadas. Drop boxes no super flex there.

ImageUploadedByMotorculture1389952076.196497.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MEGOMONSTER (18th January 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have done a 2 inch lift you can do a 4inch lift. I just did a 3 and never done one before and survived! Just a case of remove and refit. Had a bit of trouble with trying to get the nut on the lower of the front shock if using armadas but apart from that easy.
    GQ Snorkle Lockers front n rear

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no worries buddy got a bit exited to ask all the questions - but im now introduced

cheers for the replies

so Mr mudrunner ur rig looks sweet by the way!! yeh i tryed to call superior but they are always closed after work hence perth time..

yeah i thought i needed a few more parts than the kit includes? what other parts will i be looking at that the kit doesn't include?
    also are u saying i should just go drop boxes instead of flex arms? am i right in saying that the flex arms mean u dnt need drop boxes ? cheers

And 89 gq cheers for the confidence haha so u went with the armandas hey ? pretty sure iv decided i like them better than the tuff dawgs cheers

9. The Following User Says Thank You to richo_GQ For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (17th January 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have you got a link to the kit your looking at mate? Post it up and I will have a look at it.

I have drop boxes on both cars and rate them highly. Yep drop boxes OR Superflex. The Arms are nice but it coin. If you have the coin go for it mate.

The Tough Dog are notin the same Paddock as the Amadas mate. Different Planet in fact.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont have these but id be getting these ones and do away with the mushroom bushes and it has the drop box already
    http://www.superiorengineering.com.a...ducts_id=20309

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Hi mate,

First off head over to the Introduction Section and start an intro thread, say g'day when you enter the room mate

You should consider adjustable upper rear control arms to adjust the pinion angle once your done and if you have the cash HD standard length lower arms as they can be very exposed once you start using a decent 4" lift.

You will almost certainly need to extend your front and rear bump stops and you should be talking directly with the guys at Superiors about that mate. Thy should be able to guide you but you will still need to take some measurements and make some adjustments to your set up when your fitting it.

Extended sway bar links will be required.

You will almost certainly need adjustable panards front and rear.

I would recommend Drop Boxes for your caster correction.

Head over to the intro section mate and say g'day please.

Cheers MR
    X2 With MudRunner mate. Extended arms or drop boxes

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah cheers bois - so if im getting this right, im buying the super flex arms so i shouldnt need drop boxes?

also iv done a fair bit of research and decided on this kit from superiour but wld like to hear other peoples choices cheers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast