Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hema or Mud Map

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hema or Mud Map

Hi I've been searching forums for a while now on this subject, I thought I would try here.
    I've recently purchased a new iPad 3G and want to install Hema or Mudmaps on it.
    Does anyone have any knowledge on this.
    Cheers.
    03 Patrol Series 111 GU 3.0 Turbo Diesel,3" Ironman lift,Ironman shocks,33" Wild trac A/Ts,Rock sliders, Lightforce 240 spotties,Rhino Pioneer Rack,40tl Engel fridge,GME uhf aerial, Safari snorkel and upgraded recovery points.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi mate i have mud maps on my ipad i bought the top package i think it was around $70 but it gives you smart topo, vms,gregorys, nsw state ,nat geo wold map, google road mapand satellite
    maps plus if you are using any map at your location you can scroll between all to maps showing your currant location i love but can not speak for hema as i have never used them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mark33 For This Useful Post:

Superoo (4th October 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Superoo,

Thank you very much for your question. Both apps are great and you wouldn't go wrong either way. The couple of features that are on MUDMAP that are not on other 4WD navigation apps are as follows:

a) interactive campsites: Mud Map 2 includes over 4,000 interactive campsites and caravan parks with photos, descriptions, reviews and facility info all added by the community
    b) auto sync: Mud Map 2 provides you with a personal account online which automatically syncs all your trip data and maps with your device. This means even if you loose your device you will always have all of your maps and trip info safely backed up on your account.
    c) THEMAP: Mud Map is the only app in Australia that offers an interactive vector map that works offline with no internet or phone reception. THEMAP changes detail level depending on your zoom level; allows you to tap on roads and POIs to find out more info and allows the community to verify map data by sending GPS signals to the mapping platform
    d) free monthly map updates for life: Mud Map 2 provides users with free monthly map updates for the life of the app
    e) over 100, 000 additional POIs: as well as the interactive campsites and caravan parks, Mud Map 2 also offers over 100,000 additional POIs including boat ramps, petrol stations, parks, tourist attractions and many more.

I hope this response has covered some of the benefits of Mud Map when compared to other navigation apps. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to give me a shout.

Warm Wishes,
    Maria from MUDMAP

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudMap View Post
    Hi Superoo,

Thank you very much for your question. Both apps are great and you wouldn't go wrong either way. The couple of features that are on MUDMAP that are not on other 4WD navigation apps are as follows:

a) interactive campsites: Mud Map 2 includes over 4,000 interactive campsites and caravan parks with photos, descriptions, reviews and facility info all added by the community
    b) auto sync: Mud Map 2 provides you with a personal account online which automatically syncs all your trip data and maps with your device. This means even if you loose your device you will always have all of your maps and trip info safely backed up on your account.
    c) THEMAP: Mud Map is the only app in Australia that offers an interactive vector map that works offline with no internet or phone reception. THEMAP changes detail level depending on your zoom level; allows you to tap on roads and POIs to find out more info and allows the community to verify map data by sending GPS signals to the mapping platform
    d) free monthly map updates for life: Mud Map 2 provides users with free monthly map updates for the life of the app
    e) over 100, 000 additional POIs: as well as the interactive campsites and caravan parks, Mud Map 2 also offers over 100,000 additional POIs including boat ramps, petrol stations, parks, tourist attractions and many more.

I hope this response has covered some of the benefits of Mud Map when compared to other navigation apps. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to give me a shout.

Warm Wishes,
    Maria from MUDMAP

Hey Maria, thanks for your support here, how is your application to become a Vendor Sponsor going?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MudMap (3rd October 2013), NissanGQ4.2 (2nd October 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just make sure they dont obsolete this version of Mud Map on you as they have done so some of those who bought MMHD expecting future new features and info like campsites etc. to be added to the application. Instead they created a "new" application that has those features while the rest of use use the superseeded version (search the forum to find the thread and make up your own mind).
    My clear vote is with Hema/Memory Map as there is a PC applicatin that makes planning and viewing easier than doing it on the iPad (a-la MudMap). Perhaps this will be a future feature of MMHD2 next year that you will miss out on......
    Cheers

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

NP99 (2nd October 2013), outback (17th November 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    Just make sure they dont obsolete this version of Mud Map on you as they have done so some of those who bought MMHD expecting future new features and info like campsites etc. to be added to the application. Instead they created a "new" application that has those features while the rest of use use the superseeded version (search the forum to find the thread and make up your own mind).
    My clear vote is with Hema/Memory Map as there is a PC applicatin that makes planning and viewing easier than doing it on the iPad (a-la MudMap). Perhaps this will be a future feature of MMHD2 next year that you will miss out on......
    Cheers
    Surely we are not the only two here to feel this way?
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by NP99 View Post
    Surely we are not the only two here to feel this way?

No I think if I had spent $150 on their App I would be dirty too. I get though the position of MM on the release of their new product. Apple do this and it is what it is. If MM are going to continue to support the MMHD for the future then they are fulfilling their obligation the the end User. As I have read my understanding is that there are some fundamental differences and additions to the new App Mudmap2 and it sounds exciting.

It's a tough gig though and I appreciate your disappointment. Maybe an effort by MM to offer a better rebate would have helped this a little. But for them, where do they draw the line? At some point someone will be on the wrong side of that line.

Maybe something like $12.50 per month ($150 divided by 12 months) for every month you have owned it paid in rent and then to hand back your license rights and the rest is rebated off the purchase of the new MM2??? So for drew that would be $75 off the price of the new MM2.?? That also draws the line at 12 months?

Don't know? It's tough? It's clear though that their intention is to support the MMHD into the future so the grievance, in my opinion, is not outright and as long as MMHD is developed their obligation is complete.

My2c
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (2nd October 2013), Clunk (2nd October 2013), Drewboyaus (2nd October 2013), NissanGQ4.2 (2nd October 2013), NP99 (2nd October 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just had a laugh at the fact the first to post are from nearly a yr ago....Well 2 days short of a yr....Some body has been searching there name haven't they......
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

MudMap (3rd October 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wa 489 View Post
    I just had a laugh at the fact the first to post are from nearly a yr ago....Well 2 days short of a yr....Some body has been searching there name haven't they......
    Yes they were busy today dragging old threads all over the place. They have embedded their blog links here a number of times Today and their activity and membership is being reviewed by the Boss now on the basis that they may become a vendor sponsor..... Happy to delete the embedded links at some point though it's easy to do

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MudMap (3rd October 2013), NissanGQ4.2 (2nd October 2013), NP99 (2nd October 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I notice in a thread from earlier this year it was mentioned that MMHD was on special in April for $70 or $90 or something.....
    That was only 2 weeks before the release of MM2.
    And Daz, what you said earlier about a rebate based on how long you owned it before it was obsoleted is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm happy to pay an "upgrade fee" and relinquish my rights to MMHD. That is the option that should be put forward and as you suggest it could be limited to 6 or 12 months from the release date of MM2.
    I don't want something for nothing because that ain't realistic I just want some fairness rather than just having to pick bits of pineapple out of my a.....

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

Avo (3rd October 2013), NP99 (2nd October 2013), outback (17th November 2013)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast