Thread: Spot lights

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spot lights

Coming back to Adelaide from kings canyon a couple of weeks ago I hit a couple of Roos (at night). No damage to the patrol or bull bar (was at low speeds cause there was bloody hundreds of em out!!) only casualties were my spotties so my question is now I'm in the market, what brand, kind of light should I go for and should I go hid and if so do my head lights as well??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LED light bar in a blink mate. I have one and it's awesome.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Same as Mudrunner X 2.... 40" light bar great for slow night work, awesome light output. Don't over spend on your lights as some are not re buildable.
    Hid is the way to go for driving lights, with a combination of both you wont believe it. my light bar puts out 14'400 lumens of light, thats a lot.
    my driving lights are 75watt HID with 5000k globes, bright white.Probably around 5000 K so its daylight when I flick the switch,

You should know better than to travel on Outback roads at night, you're lucky it was only a roo.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I know we shouldn't drive the country highways at night. Have done it a couple of times but will definitely be the last. All my trips from now on I'll be planning better to have more time. This trip was a spur of the moment thing but the wife needed to back for work so we took the risk but yeah I agree no driving those roads at night.

Thanks for the advice re light bars guys. I have seen them but have been unsure about them but if hey are as good as u say then that may have to be the option.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive got some lightforce 240s with 100w hid fitted and they are awsome ive got the clear view combo lenses on them and if i hit a roo and busted them i would replace them in a heartbeat but i will be in the market for a light bar also as they are truely unreal. next time just hit the roo on the side ive been lucky so far and ive hit a few.