PDA

View Full Version : GQ 4.2 diesel AUTO

mudplugger
29th March 2012, 10:05 AM
Hi sorry if its been asked but can you get the GQ in 4.2 diesel Auto LWB, thinking of a new toy and maybe this would suit with a set of reduction gears and lockers would think its a go anywhere car. I realise the Petrol has an auto but im not a big fan of petrol/gas and the auto well im planning some straight up jobs and the clutch would end up just a bad smell.
Cheers
Adrian

taslucas
29th March 2012, 08:27 PM
Hi Adrian, I'm not %100 sure but I think that you can get the TD42 with auto. Someone else will hopefully be along that can confirm.

tappn it

Killametre
29th March 2012, 08:46 PM
Yep you can get em I have one but now mine is manual and the Auto is for sale

Cheers Andrew

NissanGQ4.2
29th March 2012, 09:10 PM
Welcome 2 the forum Adrian

Please drop past the introduction thread found here: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions

and tell us a little about yourself and your rig

Cheers

Todd

nissannewby
30th March 2012, 01:22 PM
They are rare but you can get them.

the evil twin
30th March 2012, 02:04 PM
Yep, Nissan Australia sold 300 and something Australian Series 1 GQ TD42's LWB with the Auto box as an option. The option was discontinued in the Series 2 intro or first upgrade so I don't think there are any "Aussie" series 2's.

If there are they are rare as and I also don't think there were any Aussie Auto TD42 Shorties but could be wong on that one.

There are also a few grey/personal imports around in both the LWB and SWB (one of our Clubbies has one).

johno90
1st April 2012, 02:10 PM
I have 2 of them :P There great the auto is suprisingly lively with the non turbo td and isnt as slow as you would think plus fuel economy is still tops. Add a turbo and you get some very surprising torque dyno readings, full torque at 1100 and dead flat till torque lock then dips and goes back up for a sec then slowly goes down, feels amazing to drive.

bar1135
1st April 2012, 06:34 PM
I agree with johno90. I have an auto and very happy with. Plenty lively all around.