PDA

View Full Version : Brother's new Safari fire truck

AB
27th March 2012, 01:02 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this but my brother just bought one of the very few (in Australia) Safari GQ fire trucks.

Going with him this afternoon to pay for it so will have more info tonight but here are some pics of it at the camping show last year.

TB42 done only 13,000km's....Iv'e never seen a TB42 in such good condition. Body is immaculate too!

It has the PTO pump which sucks around 2000 litres a minute and has 30 something stories in head....That's a lot of head!!!

It's primary use will be on our properties for water transfer (dam to dam, dams to tanks, etc) and bush fire protection.

Such an impulse buy but I cannot wait to drive this and test out the pump...LMAO

This can be our official forum Patrol for meet ups and if we attend any shows and exhibitions later on in life!

Winnie
27th March 2012, 01:12 PM
I saw this at Patrolapart, was in immaculate condition. Would be so fun to drive around and imagine all the looks you'd get!

Maxhead
27th March 2012, 01:15 PM
You're having us on , right???

AB
27th March 2012, 01:42 PM
Not joking mate, It's sold...10k

Next meet up down here mate you can have a drive of it....100% truth!

Yeah It's in mint condition, I can't believe he bought it!!!!

Hope he doesn't trash it....This thing should belong in a museum and well cared for....lol

Maxhead
27th March 2012, 01:57 PM
WOW, don't know what to say, what a ripper buy. I'd be locking it in a garage and throwing away the key for 20 odd years...lolololol

taslucas
27th March 2012, 02:12 PM
Awesome stuff!
Would be good at the next meetup for beer transfer lol.
What's that writing on the side? Looks like Chinese or similar

tappn it

Tweakedoffroad
27th March 2012, 02:12 PM
Thats an awesome truck seen it a few times it has been looked after really well surprised it was sold for 10k

AB
27th March 2012, 02:18 PM
Japanese writing I think mate.

Tell you the truth, I was surprised of the price actually....I know It's a TB42 but with only 13,000 Km's on it and both engine and body in near perfect showroom condition along with the PTO pump and all the gear I was surprised too.

It still has the plastic lining on the door trims.

It also has a cooling cylinder where in Japan they hook up their town water to the cylinder which runs fresh cool water in the radiator due to long periods of stationary and long periods in busy city areas and no air flow.

Has a heap of other things, I'll suss it out this afternoon and get back to you all.

taslucas
27th March 2012, 05:01 PM
So they were issued as fire trucks in Japan?

I would love to see a vid of the engine starting up as my tb42 has 404,000 MORE k's on it !

tappn it

Maxhead
27th March 2012, 05:25 PM
ohh yeah forgot to ask, does he want to sell it?.....LOLOLOLOLOL

AB
27th March 2012, 08:11 PM
So they were issued as fire trucks in Japan?

I would love to see a vid of the engine starting up as my tb42 has 404,000 MORE k's on it !

tappn it

Yeah mate it was the Japanese fire trucks back then. Engineered using the MQ rear diff with the offset shaft so the PTO can run straight through.

Just need to wait until the bank cheque clears on Friday and will let you all know more details.

We are going to restore this a bit better too and treat it like gold so we'll keep this as a build thread. Iv'e been given the go ahead to use this for forum meet ups and any other events too so stay tuned!!!!

NissanGQ4.2
27th March 2012, 08:15 PM
10g!!!! he got a bargain, and yeh would be a shame if he destroys it

belzi82
27th March 2012, 08:22 PM
Patrolapart tried to sell that to me. Hope your brother is very happy it is such a lovely truck!!

growler2058
27th March 2012, 08:52 PM
Man it's half chopped ready for a comp truck hahahahhahhanaha out with the gas axe!!!!

Tappin N Crappin

Barney Rubble
27th March 2012, 10:04 PM
ive seen this around a few times too, its in great nick.

big_fletch
27th March 2012, 10:33 PM
Bloody ripper mate.. Looks tough as lol

Woof
28th March 2012, 03:04 AM
I JUST WANT ONE...................so is your brother going to join the forum now mate...lol

AB
28th March 2012, 06:39 AM
I JUST WANT ONE...................so is your brother going to join the forum now mate...lol

Nah he hates forum's....lol....I'll just use this thread on his behalf.

msw21
3rd April 2012, 07:44 PM
nice looks good

rusty_nail
4th April 2012, 08:49 AM
AB i love the truck! shes a ripper sooooooo neat and tidy. it would honestly almost be ashame to get her dirty... but then again :tongue:

Punderhead
4th April 2012, 07:31 PM
I'll give you $10001 for it!!!

That is an absolute mint truck mate!! Possibly the lowest km TD42 in Australia aswell! Definately a keeper!

But first thing to go has to be those rims - ugghh.

Good find

Cheers!

taslucas
4th April 2012, 08:57 PM
I'll give you $10001 for it!!!

That is an absolute mint truck mate!! Possibly the lowest km TD42 in Australia aswell! Definately a keeper!

But first thing to go has to be those rims - ugghh.

Good find

Cheers!

its a TB42, a petrol

Punderhead
4th April 2012, 09:33 PM
Ooops, yeah I misread that. Will have to skip it then, I already have a TB42

Cheers!

Finly Owner
4th April 2012, 10:44 PM
Whatan investment your Bro has made AB! If I was him, I'd be doing full research of it's origin, life, how it got here, and assembly plant. Make up an info chart and keeping it with the truck. This will never loose value. A forum sticker across the windsceen would be amodification that wouldn't detract anything from this beauty. I wouldn't be changing anything that took away any authenticity.

But, it's not mine!

Tim