PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for diesel workshop SEQ

Parra
26th March 2012, 02:50 PM
Hey guys, so I've been putting it off for quite a while but I really need to get my injector pump fixed (leaking quite considerably now - I think from the top, but I'm mechanically retarded and can't pin point it)

Can any of the south QLD fellas recommend a workshop to have a look at this and give me a rough quote.

Diesel Australia have quoted $1300 for a rebuild at this stage, but that's without looking at it.

Cheers in advance.

Bigrig
26th March 2012, 05:46 PM
I always recommend my mechanic mate, and for those who've met him on here, he's a top bloke who knows his way around the engine without charging like a wounded bull.

Multiple members have used him and whilst there is always varying expectation, generally speaking everyone has been satisfied.

Sooo .. If you want to try him, it's:

AutoArt Mechanical
Capalaba

Derek

3245 7785

Tell him Scotty on the forum sent you there (I get NO kickback, profit and/or benefit from sending others there, nor am I affiliated with the business in any way - he's just a good bloke who's always done right by everyone I've sent there and myself).

Parra
26th March 2012, 06:30 PM
Thanks for that mate. I'll give him a call in a couple of days to get it sorted.

So you mean he's not going to remove, recon then refit the pump for a carton? :O bugger :)

Why did they have to be such damn expensive things to fix :( ah well, she'll be right as rain when it's sorted.

Ben-e-boy
26th March 2012, 06:31 PM
1300 is about right for price. I use gympie diesel,(07) 5482 7877
simon is a wizz with injector pumps, he is building me a custom one atm

macca86
26th March 2012, 06:53 PM
I recommend my mate JW racing tell hime steve macdonald sent you and see if it's up your ally he does fabrications repairs services and tuning
A 2/10 Tradelink Road, Hillcrest, Queensland
P 07 3133 1605
E jon@jwracing.com.au
W http://www.jwracing.com.au/

Finly Owner
26th March 2012, 10:09 PM
OK HERE GOES! I am about to upset some people maybe? Most Mechanics do not have the facility to rebuild injector pumps precisely! I believe 60% of the SE Brisbane guys either directly use Deisel Australia or indirectly by using someone who does use Deisel Australia. There are a couple of other trusted deisel servicing guys around, but I don't know their names.

When asking for a quote from Deisel Australia, drive to their shop if you can, and they will liftyour bonnet and ask if you are mechanically minded. If you are, they can offer seal kits and instructions on how to fix minor leaks and also do exchange injectors with instructions for DIY.

I fixed my leaks by spending about $130 from memory, they supplied seals, 'O'rings and instructions along with clamps(dearest part) which they thought would break, but didn't so I have them for "justin".

When you see the equipment and seal rooms these guys have, and know their reputation, you will understand the quality of their work. Servicing injector pumps requires much more than just pulling them apart on a workshop bench and throwing in some parts. They need the accurately measure nozzle spray patterns, psi of spray not to mention the correct angle of timing inside the pump.

I bought an old MQ that someone tried to rebuild a motor, and couldn't get the pump timing right. Even refitting the injector pump is a job that has to be precise.

Please take heed, use very trusted people that are recommended to you by lots of people that can show you the proof. Such as Big Rigs guy, and Deisel Australia recommended by so many Mechanics I know, even Three Point Services at Mt Gravatt who are a licensed Mercedes Benz workshop. And if I remember correctly Ynot said Tennant Sweepers send their pumps there!

Just avoid dirty grotty workshops with the she'll be right attitude.

Tim

nissannewby
26th March 2012, 11:19 PM
normally for a td pump you will be looking at 800-1600 for a pump rebuild depending on whats worn and needs to be replaced if giving to a mechanic you can add there fee on to that to remove and refit i would go with diesel australia as this is all they really do and have the facilities for them i have used them through work (not as yet on my own gear) and have mates who use them and there work is very good .