PDA

View Full Version : Clutch gone funny after getting bogged in deep boghole

BossGQ
23rd March 2012, 06:01 PM
Hey guys i got bogged in a deep boghole the other day and it well over the doors and i got water all inside, but now my clutch feels really strange, it wasn't engaging properly as i drove away, it engages alright now but i have to let the clutch almost all the way out before it grabs. what should i do?

MudRunnerTD
23rd March 2012, 06:20 PM
Your bell housing will be full of mud, get under there with a hose and spray clean water into there. Plenty of spots to spray in there. Clean it out and go for a good drive

taslucas
23rd March 2012, 06:20 PM
Sounds like you got some water in there and mud too!
I'm not sure the best way to clean it out sorry. Hopefully some one will be along soon with a bit more of an idea.
Oh and just to be sure, check your fluid level.

Sent from my LT18a using Tapatalk

growler2058
23rd March 2012, 06:46 PM
pull the rubber boot off the clutch fork and spray with water dont pump the clutch though just have it in neutral with the engine running. Obviously put the hand brake on or chock the wheels so you dont get squished ;-)

nissannewby
23rd March 2012, 07:00 PM
I had this happend once tried washing everything but the mud had got stuck uner the "fingers" on the clutch and she was shagged my mud/water mix had gotten in through the rubber boot on the clutch fork hopefully yours hasnt gone this far but as mud runner said try cleaning it and taking it for a good drive first.

BossGQ
23rd March 2012, 09:48 PM
Sweet cheers guys, i'll give it crack

werafa
27th March 2012, 08:18 PM
depending on what the mud is made of, you may also have abrasive embedded into the clutch plate. I know from experience the red lateritic mud from the tanami desert is sudden death on brake discs

Kelvinator
31st March 2012, 01:34 AM
I had this, so i cheated. Submerged my 4b in a clean fresh creek, lost all clutch for a while but after clutching it enuf till i got out and it slipping like all buggery for a bit its now the best its ever been. It even got rid of my clutch shudder and throwout bearing noise ha ha. As for cleaning it, im ashamed to say i cant even remember if the patrols have one, but if they have an inspection cover take that off and hose your life away mate