PDA

View Full Version : Is Ford maverick td4.2 any good?

Grummo
23rd March 2012, 03:51 PM
Been looking at buying a Gq patrol and have seen a few Ford maverick's td4.2 around but they don't seem to sell as fast as other td4.2. Is this because they aren't as good or is there something wrong with them?

Also what price would you estimate a ford maverick td4.2 1993 with 300,000 kms, everything stock and well maintained with full service history.

97_gq_lwb
23rd March 2012, 05:33 PM
Most of the time the maverick is better has more options fitted usually.
I think the problem is some people don't like the ford badge or don't see them when searching for a patrol.
At the end of the day they are a nissan patrol with a couple of ford badges .

Grummo
23rd March 2012, 06:01 PM
Thanks I was hopeing there was no major diffrence as there seems to be more mavricks that haven't been modified with suspension lifts and tyres and are in better condition and i am looking for a patrol that is pretty much stock. If they have more features than thats a bonus aswell.

macca86
24th March 2012, 03:27 AM
I wouldn't buy one with a ford badge Go look at one and ask the owner to remove them and put nissan badges on it then buy it much better haha nissan laying in 2 beds during the 80's ( gq / ford maverick and skyline and vl commodores) What a hussy nissan was

AB
24th March 2012, 08:53 AM
Nothing wrong with them mate and as mentioned above some people miss them in Ebay searches, etc.

If you can get it for under 6k I would grab it if I was you.

growler2058
24th March 2012, 08:57 AM
Same same mate the fraud badge just devalues em hahahahahaha good for you though!;-)

jedskipow
25th March 2012, 10:10 AM
Me to mate 'jeez only 180 000 kms on it', low kms for the work and age'
mate 'naah been around clock, new clutch, thats it'
All highway work though.
I got one, was cooked badly (hit roo, dropped water and driven till stopped, thanks Mum)
at 200 000kms, running rough ever since, now 480 000kms.power terrible runs rough,fuel ecnomoy as good as any.
td42 is a brillant.

Barney Rubble
27th March 2012, 09:30 PM
Nothing at all wrong with them other than the badges..you would be looking at high 5's to 6k methinks.

Protius
2nd April 2012, 02:28 PM
Buy maverick, remove ford badges and fit nissan badges, profit.

scubaseany
4th April 2012, 08:34 AM
Cool - a lot of my future questions answered - I was looking for a Patrol - thought I saw one for sale and turned up and it was a Ford Maverick ?? Thought someone was playing a trick on me especially as I looked under the bonnet and it was all Nissan - so I bought it anyway - might have to buy Nissan Badges as stated - does anyone know if there is any difference mechanically and running gear at all ?

growler2058
4th April 2012, 08:56 AM
Identical mate, the mavs have more options i believe.