PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please post a photo?

Fity
23rd March 2012, 02:34 PM
Hi guess, I am trying to cleanup my newly acquired 2000 GU 3.0l and some of the fuses are the wrong ratings. I have fixed the ones under the dash, but the fuse box next to the battery has most of the label missing. Can someone please post a pic of the top cover so I can make sure the correct fuses are in there. Thanks.

97_gq_lwb
23rd March 2012, 05:29 PM
Is this it

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss117/it250k/fuseblock.jpg

Fity
24th March 2012, 01:01 PM
Thanks. That looks like the one. I am guessing that is from the manual? Is there a pic in there that says what they are all for? The lid dots but my label is half missing. Some have no fuses and I think they may be for different options.

Fity
26th March 2012, 12:08 PM
Anyone feel like getting the camera out??

BEP120
29th March 2012, 08:59 AM
Hope these help.
Taken from 2003 3.0ltr GU.

The fuse box next to the battery in the engine bay.

The relay box between the battery and side panel if you need it.

Taken with my iPhone so you may have to zoom in. Let me know if you can't make the markings out and I will get the camera out.

Cheers

Fity
29th March 2012, 06:58 PM
Thanks BEP 120. It is a little hard to see on my phone, it will look on the pc tomorrow.

Fity
30th March 2012, 10:53 AM
I can make out the labels, my 2000 model has a sticker (half missing) and some of the fuse ratings that I can read are different, so maybe the fuse designation maybe too?

BEP120
30th March 2012, 11:12 AM
There maybe a difference in fuse rating between models (2000-2003). Have you had a look in the electrical section of the service manuals available on this site?

BEP120
30th March 2012, 11:25 AM
Hey can you do me a favor while you are in the engine bay? Can you have a look at your alternator and see if there is spacing between the top alternator housing and the support bracket.
I replaced my alternator and there was a washer on the top bolt which I am sure was at the back next to the bolt head and not between the housing and the support bracket. I have belt noise and am now wondering if the washer is meant to be between the housing and the bracket.

Just had a look in the Gregory's manual GU Diesel 1998-Sept 2004 and it had this.

Thanks,

Fity
30th March 2012, 12:14 PM
I have looked through the manual (both owners and workshop) and the only reference is the image that 97_GQ_LWB posted above which from what is left of my sticker is the same. Thanks for the scanned image, but it has different ratings to the above image and my half label.

I had the alternator out and back in earlier this week, so I can definitely say the washer is under the head of the bolt. The bracket needs to be removed off the head to get the alternator out, so if you tighten the 2 mounting bolts on the head first it may cause a gap between the alternator and top bracket. Try removing the top bracket bolt and washer and loosen the 2 bolts on the head, then put the top bolt back in and tighten them all loosely before tightening them right up. I replaced the bearing in the belt tensioner and after that the belt now squeaks.

BEP120
30th March 2012, 01:27 PM
Sorry I couldn't help you with the fuse box. What kind of idiot puts a sticker on a fuse box in the engine bay of a 4WD (some highly paid Nissan tech).

Thanks for the info on the alternator. I know that I had put the washer back in the right spot but with the new squeak thought that that may be a possibility. Thanks for ruling it out.

Good luck with the fuse box.

Fity
30th March 2012, 01:56 PM
Sorry I couldn't help you with the fuse box. What kind of idiot puts a sticker on a fuse box in the engine bay of a 4WD (some highly paid Nissan tech).

My thoughts too. The relay box has it stamped like yours.

BEP120
30th March 2012, 07:43 PM
Hey just a thought. You maybe able to get the fuse cover from a wreckers. Worth a try.