PDA

View Full Version : Potential Gumtree Scam - GU Patrol Td42

AB
23rd March 2012, 08:49 AM
Too good to be true. This came on last night and I'm sure anyone who follows Gumtree/Ebay would have seen this too.

I have emailed the seller saying I will buy it now, now , now but it looks to be a scam so be careful with this one.

No phone number listed either so I am expecting an email back with the usual scam deposit required, etc.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/geelong-3220/cars/2000-nissan-patrol-wagon/1000513162

macca
23rd March 2012, 09:09 AM
Good luck AB hope it work out for you.

MQ MAD
23rd March 2012, 09:53 AM
Theres plenty of adds like that , even on carsales ect
I emailed some idiot the other day for contact details,like a phone number , he prefered to deal emails only
That to me is a scam straight up
But in saying that , theres alot who prefer emails only

Ive noticed a few adds of late that the contact number is half numbers and half letter,(04 one 8 two ......) stops computer number recognition,
good idea i reckon

Winnie
23rd March 2012, 10:01 AM
Wish I'd have thought of that when I had my Falcon on Carsales. Had that many dropkicks calling me up asking if it does good skids... they probably wouldn't have been able to read the numbers :tease:

AB
25th March 2012, 09:08 AM
And the scam begins by the looks of it to get the personal email address....Havent reported it just yet as it "may" be legit but don't think so...

Reply below...

The car is still for sale. It has RWC and Rego valid. Please send me your email address. I need it in order to send you some photos and description of the car. Thank you, Jessica Blake

Bob
25th March 2012, 09:26 AM
And the scam begins by the looks of it to get the personal email address....Havent reported it just yet as it "may" be legit but don't think so...

Reply below...

The car is still for sale. It has RWC and Rego valid. Please send me your email address. I need it in order to send you some photos and description of the car. Thank you, Jessica Blake

And the Ad has now disappeared from Gumtree