PDA

View Full Version : G'day

limted slip
22nd March 2012, 09:26 PM
hi im kev, i live down in the cold country on the monaro plains, the following is a bit long winded as i have been having patrol withdrawals since the probs over at patrol4x4 started.....i stumbled across you guys purely by accident and after a browse decided it looked like a good spot...
so g'day too all

this is a bit long winded- i usually am though, but here goes
i currently am building up my dream patrol, a 1976 G60 ute that i picked up off a mate, im replacing the entire running gear with that from a 1985 mq with sd33t and 5 speed, its about 50 percent done atm and is at the 14 month mark already, time flies....

im a bit of a 4wd junky and have so far had:
a series 3 land rover on skinny 32's,
2 swb pajero's both lifted on 31's and 32's,
an 83 mq patrol with std L28 and 4spd 2 inch lift and 32 inch muddies,
a 94 v6 triton dual cab which after i rejigged the rear leaves was an absolute weapon and was far more capable than any of the fourbies i had before it.
a hilux 4 runner with piece of junk 2.4 n/a diesel which was utterly gutless- esp after having the triton, but which had a 2 inch OME lift that out flexed a mates 3 inch lifted GU troll, i fitted it with LSD's front and rear, it would climb anything... but was still a POS toyota.....during this time my surrogate patrol (my brothers) was a 6 inch lifted and engineered GQ dual cab chop, with front locker and 35's, as well as the very warmed over inter cooled td42T it was a good toy and had heaps of fruit besides the above

aside from the g60 i currently also have a 92 triton with lots of fruit running tall skinny 8 ply rags that likes to pretend its open front diff has an auto locker :), and an L300 mitsi van with 2 inch sus, 2 inch body, 31's, bull bar and slider's, as well as a 2.6 conversion from the 2 liter..... by van standards its pretty extreme....

im fortunate to live on acreage, so i get to play with my toys as often as i like (or can), and when im not working im tinkering, building, or traveling, i love the vic high country in particular and head down there as often as i can.... i think that will do it for now

cheers
limited slip
kev

Dhuck
22nd March 2012, 09:28 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
22nd March 2012, 09:44 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, great intro!!!

Finly Owner
22nd March 2012, 11:15 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Kev

Tim

Bigrig
22nd March 2012, 11:19 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

As said mate, first class intro and sounds like an awesome build project!!!!

Enjoy!!

growler2058
23rd March 2012, 04:27 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Tappin N Crappin

wildgu6
23rd March 2012, 07:07 AM
G'day & welcome aboard mate
Great lot here with tons of advice, adventures and experiences to share
Hang around and Jump in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Parra
23rd March 2012, 07:18 AM
Nice stuff Kev.

Welcome!

Any pics of those fourbys? They sound killer

lortapug
23rd March 2012, 08:32 AM
Yea welecome. This sure is one friendly place.

limted slip
23rd March 2012, 09:22 AM
thanks for the warm welcome everyone, im sure ill enjoy the stay, i have bugger all pics of my early 4bies, mainly of the 4 runner and the ones that came after, oh and mates trucks bogged good and proper, ill endeavor to put some up one day soon

cheers
LS

Sir Roofy
23rd March 2012, 09:27 AM
welcome aboard mate

belzi82
23rd March 2012, 10:06 AM
Welcome to the forum Kev, hope you stick around when Patrol 4x4 is up and running properly again. Why use one when you can have both!!!

Tweakedoffroad
23rd March 2012, 04:10 PM
Hey mate welcome aboard great intro sounds like an awesome bit of fun ahead make sure you get plenty of pics along the way

Maxhead
23rd March 2012, 04:53 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate