PDA

View Full Version : lancelin at easter

moz72
22nd March 2012, 06:50 PM
hey everyone, going for a spin up to lancelin over easter , more fishing than 4wdriving and would love any tips or hints on finding my way round the beaches and any decent fishing spots, never been up there off road, any ideas would be appreciated

NissanGQ4.2
22nd March 2012, 08:01 PM
Hi mate,

Just moved you post into the general chat,

Sorry I can't give any tips or hints as I have never been there.

Don't forget lots of pics while your there

Cheers

Todd

rottodiver
22nd March 2012, 08:07 PM
a few tips.... not so much for the fishing but the 4wding..... the sand can be very very soft so be prepared to go real low on the tyres... make sure you have your recovery gear and make sure you follow the tides(grab a tide chart book) because some sections are very difficult to pass on high tide and when on low dont be afraid to get quite close to the water if you start losing momentum as it is quite hard!!!

and above all..... have heaps of fun (gets quite windy in the afternoon there too)

Scotty

LittleJohn
22nd March 2012, 08:45 PM
Yes, take pics, plenny pics !!!!!

the evil twin
22nd March 2012, 10:27 PM
Just got back from Lanno a couple of hours back. I have to go up once a month for work.

Easter means big tides so keep an eye on the highs.
Easter at Lanno means lotsa people and many will be half cut so keep an eye on other dudes hurtling up the Beach esp at night
The entry and first K's at Lancelin at "Left Handers" can be brutally soft but after that it is usually OK
Generally the closer to Wedge the firmer it gets 'cept at a coupe of narrow spots
Most of the better spots for Tailor and Mulloway are between about 1/2 way up and Wedge
Look for low Reef close in to the Beach
You can only get on and off at Wedge and Lancelin now that Indian Ocean Drive is open.
The Sand bar at Wedge holds a lot of whiting but usually tough to get size ones.

moz72
23rd March 2012, 05:13 PM
thanks for the info guys, it all helps, and sounds like most of my pics will be of me using my new recovery haha!