PDA

View Full Version : Talk About Being Global ...

Bigrig
19th March 2012, 11:23 PM
Don't know how many of you have done this, but for the first time ever, I just went through the entire Members Map. Considering the duration this forum has been in existance (not long really - AB, what was the 'inception' date??) it is quite incredible how many members we have from around the world.

In total, there are members from 50 separate countries!!!!!

Here goes:

Australia (go figure??)
Phillipines
Indonesia
New Zealand
New Caledonia
Honduras
Nicuragua
El Salvador
Canada
Virgin Islands
Peru
Bolivia
Chile
Argentina
Iceland
Norway
Sweden
Finland
Latvia
Denmark
England
Wales
Ireland
Netherlands
Germany
Poland
Slovakia
Austria (not to be confused with us!! lol)
Croatia
Serbia
Romania
Bosnia
Bulgaria
Portugal
Tunisia
Egypt
Canary Islands
Senegal
Ghana
Gabon
Uganda
Kenya
Tanzania
Zimbabwe
South Africa
Botswana
Dubai (UAE)
Kazakhstan
Russia

and a place I'd never even heard of ...

Tasmania ....

LMFAO!!!!! Couldn't resist Lucas and the other Tassie lads!!!!! :tease:

Seriously ... that's bloody impressive. But even with that extensive list, there's no seppo's?? What's happened to Nissan sales in the grand ole US of A???

Gotta love the power of the internet to make the world a smaller place!!! A HUGE thankyou to all our overseas members!!!!!

LittleJohn
19th March 2012, 11:28 PM
just imagine if the web address was a .com and not a .com.au !!

Bigrig
19th March 2012, 11:34 PM
just imagine if the web address was a .com and not a .com.au !!

True - you reckon Mr Nissan has that one sewn up?? lol

Clunk
19th March 2012, 11:50 PM
Hey big rig, I thought the guy from Honduras was actually a sepo..... just his holiday home and trol were in Honduras............ as always I'm ready to be stood corrected lol

Bigrig
19th March 2012, 11:52 PM
Hey big rig, I thought the guy from Honduras was actually a sepo..... just his holiday home and trol were in Honduras............ as always I'm ready to be stood corrected lol

Don't know mate ... could well be!!!

Even so, none 'listed' in the US. I find that a bit odd ...

Clunk
20th March 2012, 12:05 AM
All good mate, memory is a wonderful thing.... Shame I can't remember anything useful!!!!!! Hahaha

Good effort though mate, can't belive you sat and worked it all out though....... So how many members reside in each place then???? Lol

Bigrig
20th March 2012, 12:08 AM
All good mate, memory is a wonderful thing.... Shame I can't remember anything useful!!!!!! Hahaha

Good effort though mate, can't belive you sat and worked it all out though....... So how many members reside in each place then???? Lol

About 8000 in total ... lmao ... although there's not that many little blue cars on the map though, so bound to be other countries as well I reckon (like old Yianni that joined last night - have to be Greece in there as well now wouldn't there??).

Silver
20th March 2012, 12:11 AM
Pretty good considering there are only 182 countries, give or take .....

Tweakedoffroad
20th March 2012, 12:12 AM
Thats bloody awesome I have seen it grow as have others way back when it started I think early 2010 from memory evan tho I used a different name,

Woof
20th March 2012, 12:13 AM
You have got WAY to much free time Scotty, good job though mate..haha

Clunk
20th March 2012, 12:14 AM
You have got WAY to much free time Scotty, good job though mate..haha

Only half done though doggy....... Still yet to show how many members that have gone on the map, live in each country lol

MudRunnerTD
20th March 2012, 12:28 AM
That is an Awesome effort i reckon. and Scottie to answer your other question about the inception date??? I joined within the first week of the forum i think so whatever it says in my avatar?

*****June 2010*****

8000 members in 50 countries in 20 Months!!! Hell!

Bigrig
20th March 2012, 12:30 AM
Only half done though doggy....... Still yet to show how many members that have gone on the map, live in each country lol

Hahaha ... not that much free time!!!

Bigrig
20th March 2012, 12:32 AM
That is an Awesome effort i reckon. and Scottie to answer your other question about the inception date??? I joined within the first week of the forum i think so whatever it says in my avatar?

*****June 2010*****

21 months!!!! That's a fair bloody effort surely?? As said, there's probably countries missing as well ....

Woof
20th March 2012, 12:39 AM

*****June 2010*****

I joined around the same time, as soon as I got the invite from Andy via the club...we need to know the exact date so we can celebrate...http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/03/5.gif

Robo
20th March 2012, 12:48 AM
Top Gear did a story last year, in the UK, on think it was F100, test drive etc .
Part of it was, 1 new one sold on that continent every 15 seconds.
Don't think they go for our beloved Nissan much.

Ade
20th March 2012, 01:47 AM
Ma place is not in the list Scotty..NORTH BORNEO, SABAH. Well its my mistake, I didn't put my location in the member's map..hehehe

Bigrig
20th March 2012, 01:54 AM
Ma place is not in the list Scotty..NORTH BORNEO, SABAH. Well its my mistake, I didn't put my location in the member's map..hehehe

Haha ... that makes 51 boss!!!!

I'm sure there's still more!!!

Ade
20th March 2012, 02:33 AM
Yup3..just wondering, somebody anybody could have been reading of what we're saying here.

Who the hake these peoples..??? Small world it is........

Ade
20th March 2012, 02:34 AM
Better get some sleep now mate..loooooong day ahead

taslucas
20th March 2012, 06:51 AM
Totally agree Bigrig, I love seeing all the international members.....Most of them seem to be from the north island of straylia tho lolol!!!
As big says, WELCOME AND THANKYOU to all the overseas members

macca
20th March 2012, 07:01 AM
Global, thats amazing. Good bit of research there mate.

Parra
20th March 2012, 07:21 AM
What's happened to Nissan sales in the grand ole US of A???

wikipedia says:

"The Nissan Patrol is a four-wheel drive vehicle manufactured by Nissan in Japan since 1961. In Japan since 1980, it has been known as the Nissan Safari. The Patrol is available in Australasia, Central and South America, South Africa, parts of Southeast Asia and Western Europe as well as Iran and the Middle East but not in USA and north America"

hmm, there you go!

and congrats on hitting 51 countries! haha

AB
20th March 2012, 08:27 AM
First post on the forum is here = http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1-Hello-and-Welcome-Quick-Message.-Please-read-first!-Having-issues-signing-up

This was done on the 18th May 2010.

The forum is techincally the same age as my daughter which is at the start of May as when she was born I took 2 weeks off work and spent the time setting everything up....Father of the year award...LMAO

Amazing figures after such a short time!

taslucas
20th March 2012, 10:44 AM
You've done an awesome job Andy.
(even though theres a spelling mistake in the first ever post!!!!! Lmao)
What made you decide to start this forum?

tappa slappn about

NissanGQ4.2
20th March 2012, 06:40 PM
Man you must of been bored, Considering you spent so mush time in the members map....

I'm guessing I have nothing to catch up on then, you did add some more members while you were there didn't you...........of course you did, Thanks Scotty your a champ

ike
6th April 2012, 11:04 AM
great job man! I think am the first Thai dude here -_-'