PDA

View Full Version : 05 Nissan 4.2

Stropp
19th March 2012, 11:02 PM
Hi guys I have just agreed to buy a 05 / 4.2 Intercooled dx with 130,000 k,s it has flares, mags, bullbar,spotties uhf and a roof rack it has done a bit of beach work as it was originally owned by the department of conservation so the chassis has a bit of surface rust which means a day or two underneath with a wire brush on the grinder and a bit of rust converter she should be ok, the exhaust front half needs replacing as well due to the rust, also plan to sandblast a powdercoat the bull bar as that also has a couple of small spots of surface rust under the foam between the headlights and bar. it also has full service history and I will pick it up Friday, needs the interior pulled out and the floor vacuumed to get rid of all the sand and tidied up and a good cut and polish ( I am a bit fussy ) for 30 k what do you think? Will post pics when I get it home. Stropp

Stropp
19th March 2012, 11:09 PM
Also plan to install warn winch with nylon rope, 2" lift kit, set of arb drawers to suit my old 80 ltr trailblaza fridge (23 yrs) and still runs perfect, may have to have only a slide under it due to height issues of the fridge and double drawer set on the other side but will see what we can do when I measure it all up and lastly a set of wide wheels and mud tyres for ease of getting around in the bush, any input would be appreciated. Stropp

Silver
19th March 2012, 11:30 PM
Sounds like a beauty, Stropp - and one good thing about it having already been to the beach - you won't worry about taking it again!

Bigrig
19th March 2012, 11:33 PM
Sounds pretty bloody good mate! Only a DX, but with the best engine on the planet!!! lol. Great low mileage, and intercooled etc to boot!!!

Tweakedoffroad
20th March 2012, 12:14 AM
Awesome buy mate cant wait to see the pics when it gets home

Clunk
20th March 2012, 12:17 AM
Nice one stropp, where'd ya pick it up from in the end?

Stropp
20th March 2012, 12:59 AM
Got it from wa, had a 97 with 193k,s with everything on it lined up from east but the owner sent a message to say she had sold the car, I was pissed never even called to say that someone else had made an offer, she was supposed to be sending more pics and I was doing a road trip to pick it up but this is newer, less k,s and about the same price because there are no costs to get it here, just need about 6 grand to get the setup I want but should be all good. I am sure you will see me out and about soon enough.

Clunk
20th March 2012, 01:03 AM
It's not maroon by any chance?

Stropp
20th March 2012, 01:25 AM
No mate white with roof rack, bar and sub tank

Stropp
22nd March 2012, 06:46 PM
well getting a bit excited, pick the troll up tonight, btw its a 2004 by the build plate not 2005, new dump pipe and full 3" exhaust tomorrow morning, let the mods begin!! will post pics when I get a chance tomorrow before the detail, cut and polish and the few extras already purchased.

growler2058
22nd March 2012, 07:55 PM
Cool mate as said plenty of foters as she comes together, even the exhaust gotta lie a good pipe;-)

Tappin N Crappin

Stropp
23rd March 2012, 11:25 AM
picked her up last night, got home and the son was waiting with the tool box in hand, pulled the old stereo out and ran all the wiring for a new setup with amp, the interior will have to come out, there is more sand under the mats than at cottesloe beach :), too dark to get pics as it was only the iphone as the camera battery was flat. Its currently over the road getting the 3" exhaust done, i can see it on the hoist from my shop! will get some photos as soon as it comes off the hoist.

taslucas
23rd March 2012, 11:51 AM
Good stuff mate. The build begins!

:)

tappa slappn about