PDA

View Full Version : Forum Screensaver? Is it returning?????

Rip'n'Shred
19th March 2012, 04:48 PM
Been wondering if the forum screen saver is going to be put back up anytime soon after the trojan issues?

I really liked the old one, it was unfortunate we had to delete it.

:animierte-smilies-f

Bigrig
19th March 2012, 05:26 PM
I'd like to see one also mate ...

Got to be a way ...

Todd???? lol

twisty
19th March 2012, 05:36 PM
+ another one. gotta be better than "bubbles"

NissanGQ4.2
19th March 2012, 05:48 PM
Been wondering if the forum screen saver is going to be put back up anytime soon after the trojan issues?

I really liked the old one, it was unfortunate we had to delete it.

:animierte-smilies-f

Trojan Issues????? Don't know what ur talkin about

I'd like to see one also mate ...

Got to be a way ...

Todd???? lol

Who's Todd?????

+ another one. gotta be better than "bubbles"

mmmm bubbles, I like bubbles coming from my coke when its mixed with my bouron :)

taslucas
19th March 2012, 05:54 PM
Trojan Issues????? Don't know what ur talkin about

Who's Todd?????

mmmm bubbles, I like bubbles coming from my coke when its mixed with my bouron :)

mmmmmmi also like bouron

lmao.

I have the safe clean screen saver on my lappy, wold i be able to send it to anyone else to use?

NissanGQ4.2
19th March 2012, 06:34 PM
mmmmmmi also like bouron

lmao.

I have the safe clean screen saver on my lappy, wold i be able to send it to anyone else to use?

NO!

How do you know its safe/ clean???? My virus program never picked it up either....

Please Lucas delete it NOW

NissanGQ4.2
19th March 2012, 06:35 PM
I will look into another screen saver.

Just give me a few days

Cheers

Toddie

taslucas
19th March 2012, 06:37 PM
ohhhhhhhhh.........I thought that the first one was safe and that a second edition had come out and was virusy!!
oh dear........

AB
19th March 2012, 08:15 PM
Is there someone on the forum who can 100% scan an exe file and 100% confirm if It's clean.

I just don't know much about that side of things with computers.

Todd, I got your PM mate but I am reluctant to let anything on this forum unless someone there is a wizz at this sort of scanning and can confirm It's 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% safe!

Your link in the Pm didn't work either.

taslucas
19th March 2012, 08:18 PM
yeah the recent events would have made you a bit nervous of viruses i reckon AB.

AB
19th March 2012, 08:29 PM
yeah the recent events would have made you a bit nervous of viruses i reckon AB.

Yep, one could say that mate...LMAO

NissanGQ4.2
19th March 2012, 08:34 PM
Is there someone on the forum who can 100% scan an exe file and 100% confirm if It's clean.

Not me obviously!!!

Re sending the link now

NissanGQ4.2
20th March 2012, 08:34 PM
In regards to the forum Screen Saver returning

The program I was using for the screen saver was not 100% legit, this could of been why the screen saver install contained a virus. My anti virus didn't pick up the virus at my end but I take Scotty's word that it did on his anti virus program

The software program I used cost 70 bucks to purchase which unfortunately I can spare at the moment.

So the

Short term answer - NO

Long Term answer - Yes

I will look when I have a chance for a free screen saver maker, Unfortunately most software that's free is usually crap.

Cheers

Toddie

Maxhead
20th March 2012, 08:37 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. don't do it Toddddddd!!!!!!

Bigrig
20th March 2012, 08:43 PM
In regards to the forum Screen Saver returning

Well done mate - best to err on the side of caution with this ... you'll get there no doubt, however as you said (for the others benefit coming from me also) Norton Business grade Insight picks up the virus once expanded (not in the .rar file itself), and if even the slightest hint of doubt exists, best to protect the members and the forum.

NissanGQ4.2
20th March 2012, 09:04 PM
Well done mate - best to err on the side of caution with this ... you'll get there no doubt, however as you said (for the others benefit coming from me also) Norton Business grade Insight picks up the virus once expanded (not in the .rar file itself), and if even the slightest hint of doubt exists, best to protect the members and the forum.

I was going 2 question that, sounds strange that it doesn't scan for viruses inside a compressed file......

Yep if in doubt forget about it.

AB
20th March 2012, 09:08 PM
I'm more than happy to pay for the software mate but I am just so paranoid about uploading an exe file back on the forum again after whats happened lately and what happened here a while back.

I'll have a think about a solution...lol

NissanGQ4.2
20th March 2012, 09:20 PM
I'm more than happy to pay for the software mate but I am just so paranoid about uploading an exe file back on the forum again after whats happened lately and what happened here a while back.

I'll have a think about a solution...lol

It wasn't an EXE file this time around it was a SCR extension.

I wanted 2 know it the virus was origination from the install EXE only or from the SCR file as well. Now I know its in both......Just to be on the safe side I have removed the program from my system completly.

AB
20th March 2012, 09:23 PM
Yep, good call mate!

Bigrig
20th March 2012, 09:44 PM
Yep, good call mate!

Pussies!!

LMFAO !!!!!!

Hopefully we can sort it though - would be good to have a decent one flicking around on everyone's work computer for all to see ... any positive promotion of four wheeling as a responsible hobby, let alone promotion of the forum, has got to be a good thing.

Clunk
20th March 2012, 09:49 PM

I just don't know much about that side of things with computers.

Todd, I got your PM mate but I am reluctant to let anything on this forum unless someone there is a wizz at this sort of scanning and can confirm It's 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% safe!

Your link in the Pm didn't work either.

I'm not sure if anyone would be able to confirm whether something was 100% virus free....... My works supposed all singing all dancing jobbie didn't pick anything up. So I guess if in doubt leave it mate.... Not worth your rep or the forums. Even though it was bloody good work from Toddy, just a shame some toe rags out there are sending these damn viruses out there.

NissanGQ4.2
20th March 2012, 09:56 PM
Pussies!!

LMFAO !!!!!!

Hopefully we can sort it though - would be good to have a decent one flicking around on everyone's work computer for all to see ... any positive promotion of four wheeling as a responsible hobby, let alone promotion of the forum, has got to be a good thing.

Nortons crap!!!!!! When did they bring out this false positive garbage...... A computer / file either has a virus or not......simple......none of this....... yeh maybe it does, but then again where not sure......so lets give it a name and remove it anyway*L*

Clunk
20th March 2012, 09:59 PM
Nortons crap!!!!!! When did they bring out this false positive garbage...... A computer / file either has a virus or not......simple......none of this....... yeh maybe it does, but then again where not sure......so lets give it a name and remove it anyway*L*

Maybe I'm just paranoid but I reckon its these so called providers that make the viruses forcing us to buy their non working goods

NissanGQ4.2
20th March 2012, 10:03 PM
Maybe I'm just paranoid but I reckon its these so called providers that make the viruses forcing us to buy their non working goods

hahahaha I second that paranoia

Bigrig
20th March 2012, 10:08 PM

Don't cry Princess ... I just use a proper program to protect my precious assets!!! lmao

Wouldn't have a clue if real or not mate, but obviously (at the very, very least) the code has the heuristics of a virus ... and that's good enough for me ... I have too much to lose by having my (work) laptop go haywire ...

There is only three products I recommend for virus control and they have nothing to do with personal preference, and/or belief in hype - they are from practical 'enterprise grade' application in the IT market that I have been in since 1990. They are (in order):

1. Nortons Business Edition (360 for home computers), as they do live update of virus definitions every 4 minutes worldwide ... simple as that. It affects performance by consuming huge amounts of memory but essentially just says no to anything that even smells fishy from 100 feet. Painful at times, but super effective.

2. Trend Micro - not sure if you can get this for home computers as the corporate edition is bloody expensive - but if it's good enough the FBI (irrespective of your thoughts after watching Hollywood movies), it's good enough for me.

3. Barracuda Anti-Virus - one of the cheaper ones, but smacks the anus of program's like McAfee and Kaspersky. Small footprint also and doesn't seem to affect application/computer performance anywhere near as much as Nortons - but for good reason, it's not as 'hardened'.

Everyone has an opinion, and there's other good ones out there, but considering those three above have about 60% of the global corporate market, they're reputation is on the line (along with literally billions upon billions in revenue), and they'll protect that by protecting you.

Clunk
20th March 2012, 10:17 PM
Don't cry Princess ... I just use a proper program to protect my precious assets!!! lmao

Wouldn't have a clue if real or not mate, but obviously (at the very, very least) the code has the heuristics of a virus ... and that's good enough for me ... I have too much to lose by having my (work) laptop go haywire ...

There is only three products I recommend for virus control and they have nothing to do with personal preference, and/or belief in hype - they are from practical 'enterprise grade' application in the IT market that I have been in since 1990. They are (in order):

1. Nortons Business Edition (360 for home computers), as they do live update of virus definitions every 4 minutes worldwide ... simple as that. It affects performance by consuming huge amounts of memory but essentially just says no to anything that even smells fishy from 100 feet. Painful at times, but super effective.

2. Trend Micro - not sure if you can get this for home computers as the corporate edition is bloody expensive - but if it's good enough the FBI (irrespective of your thoughts after watching Hollywood movies), it's good enough for me.

3. Barracuda Anti-Virus - one of the cheaper ones, but smacks the anus of program's like McAfee and Kaspersky. Small footprint also and doesn't seem to affect application/computer performance anywhere near as much as Nortons - but for good reason, it's not as 'hardened'.

Everyone has an opinion, and there's other good ones out there, but considering those three above have about 60% of the global corporate market, they're reputation is on the line (along with literally billions upon billions in revenue), and they'll protect that by protecting you.

Ive got Trend Micro on my work lappy..... Picked up diddly squat, where the screen saver was concerned, but saying that I've heard nothing but good things about it. Use Norton 360 at home, never had an issue with it

MudRunnerTD
20th March 2012, 11:11 PM

Yeah What he said........

Oh Goodie! Goodie! I got a 4th one.......................

Buy a MAC :tease: :drunk:

Clunk
20th March 2012, 11:15 PM

Ummmmmmm yeahhhhh nah!!!!! Is rather have a virus riddled pc lmao

Bigrig
20th March 2012, 11:16 PM

And that my furry little friends is the fix for everything ... except functionality of course!!!! lmao

Yep, iPads, iPhones, MacBooks, etc are the go in the virus department if you want to be like Bruno - 'Uber Clean' ... lol

Can't wait till they permit flash and the like, and have a recognised conversion ability for mainstream document systems (yes, office!! lol) - Microsoft will be on the ropes then ... as will Dell, and HP, and IBM, and Asus, and Lenovo, and ...

You get my point ...

MudRunnerTD
20th March 2012, 11:17 PM
Hey guys you should chat with Danny at Loveday or his wife Sally, they are Gurus about all things online hosting in my world and may be able to help or steer you in the right direction.

You guys are already talking way way over my head so good luck with it and i hope that we see it soon.....

Thats all i got ;)

MudRunnerTD
20th March 2012, 11:19 PM
And that my furry little friends is the fix for everything ... except functionality of course!!!! lmao

Yep, iPads, iPhones, MacBooks, etc are the go in the virus department if you want to be like Bruno - 'Uber Clean' ... lol

Can't wait till they permit flash and the like, and have a recognised conversion ability for mainstream document systems (yes, office!! lol) - Microsoft will be on the ropes then ... as will Dell, and HP, and IBM, and Asus, and Lenovo, and ...

You get my point ...

you had me at "Conversion Ability" ;)