PDA

View Full Version : Any one ever import a Dog to Aus before?

LittleJohn
18th March 2012, 08:36 PM
No.. guys, not ya girlfriends.... a Dog... a real woof woof dog !! LOL's ( only kiddin)

Im looking to bring over a dog from NZ this year, may have a golden chance real soon at
a breeders pick of litter , that may be on offer to me here in MElbourne ( fingers crossed)

The breeder tells me its about $1k- $1.1K NZ to bring a pup over here from there...

does this no.$$ sound correct to any of you?

Anybody know roughly ....

Thanks in advance.

NissanGQ4.2
18th March 2012, 08:40 PM
No I haven't and that price doesn't surprise me, I think it depends on how long its held in quarantine for.

Edit Disregard above, NZ imports don't need 2 be quarintined

LittleJohn
18th March 2012, 08:41 PM
O days quarantine from NZ ti Aus Todd.

LittleJohn
18th March 2012, 08:43 PM
ps. its not that im doubting the breeder, i just dont know anyone who has done this,

and as its Sunday,
thought i'd ask here before spending upteenth hours on the phone with airline telephone staff on Monday !!( which is inevitable either way)

the ferret
18th March 2012, 08:47 PM
No.. guys, not ya girlfriends.... a Dog... a real woof woof dog !! LOL's ( only kiddin)

Im looking to bring over a dog from NZ this year, may have a golden chance real soon at
a breeders pick of litter , that may be on offer to me here in MElbourne ( fingers crossed)

The breeder tells me its about $1k- $1.1K NZ to bring a pup over here from there...

does this no.$$ sound correct to any of you?

Anybody know roughly ....

Thanks in advance.

Pay me fare and a few days rest and rec and I'll go and get it for ya John, Love NZ mate!!
Cheers, the ferret.

Clunk
18th March 2012, 08:49 PM
It may well bet true mate, as I believe they usually have to sedate the animals first, then there's someone there to check them every now and then ........ I only know this coz my partner took her dog over to Brissey ones....... Cost her a couple hundred bucks but was about nine years ago

the ferret
18th March 2012, 08:55 PM
From memory, my mate bought a dog there, then freeze dried it, crushed it into a fine powder, slipped it into his pocket and just added water when he got home, cost FA.
Cheers, the ferret

AB
18th March 2012, 08:57 PM
Any one ever import a Dog to Aus before?

My ex wife came from South Africa back in 2005. we sedated her for the trip and should of kept her sedated for a lot longer...lol

LittleJohn
18th March 2012, 09:39 PM
thats so sad AB !! LOL's

hey Ferret, Its that time of the night hey?? XXXX beer time !!! LOL's

Hey clunk, 9 years ago, you could buy a can of coke for 20cent !!

the ferret
18th March 2012, 10:18 PM
thats so sad AB !! LOL's

hey Ferret, Its that time of the night hey?? XXXX beer time !!! LOL's

Hey clunk, 9 years ago, you could buy a can of coke for 20cent !!

Nah, stick ya 4x, Margaret river Cab merlot, since 3pm, cheese, bickies, pickled onions, olives and nissanpatrol.com.
Good blend eh??
Cheers, the ferret.