PDA

View Full Version : '91 Gq patrol 4.2d

thebeatjackson
17th March 2012, 08:04 PM
My 'new' patrol, needs a bit of love, but slowly getting her up to standard. working on replacing the door trims with plywood, just need to coat it with something to seal then cover with fabric, I'll post a bit in the DIY section when it's done, might be a while though...

97_gq_lwb
17th March 2012, 08:22 PM
Great idea just about every patrol i have seen with power windows has a broken drivers door trim.

thebeatjackson
17th March 2012, 08:25 PM
Cheers mate. Yeah, not the sturdiest things, the ply works a treat, only 4mm bracing ply, nothing special.

NissanGQ4.2
17th March 2012, 08:27 PM
After you give yours a bit of love, can you give mine a little love 2........all my door trims could do with replacing

........and yes I have power windows, well 3 out of 4 work!

Looking forward 2 your DIY thread

AB
17th March 2012, 10:35 PM
Good pics mate. Do you have any photos of that hole or climb you must have just come out before that first pic...haha.

thebeatjackson
18th March 2012, 07:18 PM
After you give yours a bit of love, can you give mine a little love 2........all my door trims could do with replacing

........and yes I have power windows, well 3 out of 4 work!

Looking forward 2 your DIY thread

haha same here at first it was the drivers window that didn't work, bow i've swapped the whole assembly to the rear drivers side window, much much more bearable!

thebeatjackson
18th March 2012, 07:19 PM
Good pics mate. Do you have any photos of that hole or climb you must have just come out before that first pic...haha.

Certainly do! just haven't got around to blanking out the license plate yet, the mud did a good enough job of that for the other photo!

DX grunt
18th March 2012, 07:21 PM
Great to see another young fella on here. The mud forgot to get the green P. lololol

Tweakedoffroad
18th March 2012, 10:02 PM
great lookin pics mate keep us upto date with more pics we love pics

thebeatjackson
22nd March 2012, 09:50 PM
A few more from the first outing.

AB
22nd March 2012, 10:10 PM
A few more from the first outing.

Very nice mate....Mr Plough....LMAO

msw21
3rd April 2012, 07:45 PM
nice truck mate good job

rusty_nail
4th April 2012, 08:47 AM
nice truck there mate! i like the wood trim on the inside of the doors hahahaha! on a serious note, how did you go attaching the trim on? ive often thought about doing the same to mine, as the current stuff is all rotten and has had it

thebeatjackson
14th April 2012, 01:45 AM
nice truck there mate! i like the wood trim on the inside of the doors hahahaha! on a serious note, how did you go attaching the trim on? ive often thought about doing the same to mine, as the current stuff is all rotten and has had it

at the moment just some short self tappers, not the prettiest option, but after having a good look around I've noticed some other people have done the same and have said once it's all together you don't really notice them unless you're looking, I'm sure there's a better option out there though, just have to keep thinking about it.