PDA

View Full Version : 45ltr Patrol - vapor gas.

Gozz
16th March 2012, 05:06 PM
Hi guys.
I love my GU but find it very gutless ever since I had it put on gas.
When I first got the GU I couldn't believe how well it went, power to spare but after gas installation I regreted installing a standard lpg gas system and was wandering if vapor gas will perform as well as the GU did when It was on petrol pre gas installation.
It's auto and has extractors.

I had a quote for $1800 to have it changed to vapor and I don't mind paying but I need to know it's going to perform like it did before as I tow 1500kg up some steep hill and at the moment the GU is struggling.
Thanks heaps.
Any economy figures would also be grateful.

altech
16th March 2012, 05:58 PM
Hi Gozz, I'm finding the other way round more power on Gas . and guttless on fuel , some said you have to have it Tuned for one , not both , So I guess mine tuned to LP, but I do get 420plus k's per 90 litre tank and 220 on fuel for 30 litre sub tank cheers Alex

Gozz
16th March 2012, 10:28 PM
Wow I wish I had your problem mate.
Na I have it tuned equal to both petrol and gas because I need long range towing cause sometimes stations are few and far between and I need it to tow on gas and petrol when we go away fishing and stuff.
I've been talking to a gas fitter and he reckons my system is to small for my motor and I need a larger mixer and stuff.
I'm going to find out which system this $1800 will be before I get it fitted other wise I could be back to square one but $1800 poorer.
Thanks again.

altech
17th March 2012, 12:26 PM
Gozz , please what problem do I have ?

Gozz
19th March 2012, 06:11 PM
Na just joking when you said you had the opposite of mine and had more power on gas then petrol.
Sorry mate I was just joking.
I have found out with some research that my convertor is a cheap copy of the impco and my mixer even worse being cheap chinese crap and it's a 225 size while it should be a 425 size.
I'm going to see the gas fitter tomorrow and see what he's going to do with the new vapor system.

altech
21st March 2012, 07:31 PM
Gozz hope the Gas fitter can work it out for you cheeers mate Alex