PDA

View Full Version : Fleebay tyre deflators

FullFlxd
16th March 2012, 09:41 AM
Hey guys just wondering if anybody has purchased the cheaper version of the Staun deflators??

Are they adjustable etc worth the effort of probably $18.00??

MudRunnerTD
16th March 2012, 09:48 AM
They are Junk, but they are based on Junk so if your after something like the Staun then go for the cheaper ones, at the end of the day the stuans are mechanical, any copy will be too and not much can go wrong with them. But there is Sooooo much better out there mate.

I have recently sold my old Stauns on ebay (10 years old and well used) for $46 + postage!! Go Figure. I'd never use them again. They dont hold their setting and are a pain in the arse, they are slow and basically junk.

Go the ARB Deflator Every day of the week.

http://www.arb.com.au/assets/thumbs/?w=85&h=85&q=91&img=/media/products/accessories/EZDeflator-ARB505.jpg

Alternatively check out our Vendors section and give Ferret a yell out mate, his is a Big contributor to this forum and i hear that his deflator is a winner too.

Best of luck, the Staun style products are a joke mate.

FullFlxd
16th March 2012, 10:07 AM
Yeh a mate told me has has started having trouble with his Staun ones in terms of their settings and I think one was totally useless.

Well Im a bit stumped at the moment cause I have a bushranger (from memory) with a guage on it. But there is a fair variation in PSI between the bushrange mech gauge and my digital gauge, which is also different from the BP digital gauge when filling up my tyres, Flippin' frustrating so Im looking for both I guess good deflators with/out gauge.
I suppose as long as pressure is equal in all 4 tyres its not a prob.

I've gotten use to deflating with my key that I get them all within 1-2psi just by eye ahahah. Just be nice to have well callibrated gear for once!

MudRunnerTD
16th March 2012, 10:12 AM
Near on everyone i know uses an ARB EZ Deflator and they do the job really well mate. you cant go wrong.

growler2058
16th March 2012, 10:13 AM
They are Junk, but they are based on Junk so if your after something like the Staun then go for the cheaper ones, at the end of the day the stuans are mechanical, any copy will be too and not much can go wrong with them. But there is Sooooo much better out there mate.

I have recently sold my old Stauns on ebay (10 years old and well used) for $46 + postage!! Go Figure. I'd never use them again. They dont hold their setting and are a pain in the arse, they are slow and basically junk.

Go the ARB Deflator Every day of the week.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

Alternatively check out our Vendors section and give Ferret a yell out mate, his is a Big contributor to this forum and i hear that his deflator is a winner too.

Best of luck, the Staun style products are a joke mate.

X2 my stauns were an absolute PITA

Tweakedoffroad
16th March 2012, 12:07 PM
Check out ferrets page in the vendor section his deflators are really good

Tweakedoffroad
16th March 2012, 12:09 PM
Heres a link check it out
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1125-The-FERRET-Tyre-deflator-and-FERRET-rear-worklight-brackets.