PDA

View Full Version : Ebay and the $1 wheel nut i want some to fit the gq factory mags

97_gq_lwb
16th March 2012, 06:12 AM
I often see cars advertised for $1 on ebay then after reading further they are selling a wheelnut.
Now i want some wheelnuts for my gq factory mags and can't find any lol
I wonder if the seller realises that when i find someone selling one and i buy a wheelnut for $1
He will be paying ebay something like $40 final value fee for advertising in the cars section.

AB
16th March 2012, 06:17 AM
Yeah It's just an advert really to get people to contact them direct for the parts.

Iv'e always wanted to just buy the one nut for a dollar and ask him to package it up and send it to 123 fake St, Faketown just to waste their time and so the advert gets taken down as someone has bought it.

Then do it everytime he puts the ad up again so you end up with a whole set of wheel nuts and the seller would go mad!!!...LMAO

97_gq_lwb
16th March 2012, 06:24 AM
Could be an expensive excersize for the seller at $40 a hit lol
One that always makes me laugh is rocket covers.
It is out of control i see more people advertising them as rocket covers then rocker covers.

Silver
16th March 2012, 06:30 AM
Dad had a Cruiser with Rocket Covers rather than Rocker Covers.

He had a 350 chev conversion done back in the '80s by a crowd that didn't know their job.

Any hoo, one morning he was cranking it over and it was very reluctant to start, then KABOOOOOOM a rocker cover blew off. Turned out the carby was leaking fuel that found its way into the sump. the rocker cover was the weakest link.

MQ MAD
16th March 2012, 06:10 PM
I often see cars advertised for $1 on ebay then after reading further they are selling a wheelnut.
Now i want some wheelnuts for my gq factory mags and can't find any lol
I wonder if the seller realises that when i find someone selling one and i buy a wheelnut for $1
He will be paying ebay something like $40 final value fee for advertising in the cars section.

Isnt it a way to get around ebay escalating advertising fees ???
Arent there some adds that if listed for 99c the adds free, and due to the nature of the add theres no additional fees
factory GQ wheel nuts , think theres a full set here, and no ya cant have one for $1

97_gq_lwb
16th March 2012, 06:19 PM
I'll buy the whole set for $20 lol