PDA

View Full Version : hi peoples

snowy
16th March 2012, 12:01 AM
hi guys, thought id introduce myself, snowys my name.

what a great forum yous have!
i have found the site very helpful as i have recently come from the dark side (previous landcruiser owner) and brought a gu 4.2 n/a patrol. i have been through the process of fitting a turbo setup myself for the first time and would like to try and contribute back (what little) i know.

for now the bus is basically how i got it, 2 inch lift, drawer system, bullbar, snorkel, aircompressor and reservoir, uhf ect, and of course the turbo which im wrapped with at the moment as the old girl was a bit of a slug

i plan on some 33s lift the front another 20 odd mm, finish my dual battery setup, and water to air intercooling. were heading north in july so hope to get it sorted by then but as alaways money is the factor at the moment haha

cheers guys :biggrin:

the ferret
16th March 2012, 12:07 AM
Welcome Snowy, glad you have seen the light and bought a Patrol, plenty of info on here when you need it mate.
Show us ya rig!!
cheers, the ferret.

Woof
16th March 2012, 01:19 AM
Welcome to the forum Snowy, enjoy mate...............by the way we don't use the "L" word here.....well yes we do, Landcrab..hahaha

growler2058
16th March 2012, 04:05 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Dhuck
16th March 2012, 06:46 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

kiwijase
16th March 2012, 06:58 AM
welcome and enjoy

DX grunt
16th March 2012, 07:01 AM
G'day snowy

Welcome to the forum and glad you could join us.

There's a forum meet up at Loveday at Easter, if you can make it. Check out the threads, and the countdown clock at the top of the page.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Tweakedoffroad
16th March 2012, 09:47 AM
Welcome aboad mate got any pics

GQ snail
16th March 2012, 10:14 AM
Welcome aboard, good to hear you saw the light and ditched the yota. I recently saw the light myself and could not be happier.

Enjoy all that's on offer here.

snowy
16th March 2012, 10:23 AM
thanks guys. heres a few pics ot the turbo setup. if i was to ask questions about boost levels and egts etc where would i be best starting a thread? im having a hard time finding info onwhat boost levels i can run on a non turbo gu.. below are a few pics of the setup. ill post the same pics and info elswhere if you like as i reckon i did pretty good on the cost. in total the setup has only cost me $2250, and is all brand new quality parts via the internet. i still need to intercool it though. running the following,

ebay cast iron manifold with t3 flange, kinugawa TD05H 16G external wastegate turbo, kkr 38mm wastegate, 3 inch turbo back straight through, 4 inch stainless air intake, modified ford xr8 pursuit airbox, made all the exhaust and dump pipe myself. running 10 psi at the moment with boost starting at around 1200 rpm and max boost around 1800 rpm, one and a quarter turns on the pump and egts arent going above 475 deg. quite happy with performance so far

Bigrig
16th March 2012, 03:05 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

growler2058
16th March 2012, 03:15 PM
thanks guys. heres a few pics ot the turbo setup. if i was to ask questions about boost levels and egts etc where would i be best starting a thread? im having a hard time finding info onwhat boost levels i can run on a non turbo gu.. below are a few pics of the setup. ill post the same pics and info elswhere if you like as i reckon i did pretty good on the cost. in total the setup has only cost me $2250, and is all brand new quality parts via the internet. i still need to intercool it though. running the following,

ebay cast iron manifold with t3 flange, kinugawa TD05H 16G external wastegate turbo, kkr 38mm wastegate, 3 inch turbo back straight through, 4 inch stainless air intake, modified ford xr8 pursuit airbox, made all the exhaust and dump pipe myself. running 10 psi at the moment with boost starting at around 1200 rpm and max boost around 1800 rpm, one and a quarter turns on the pump and egts arent going above 475 deg. quite happy with performance so far

Head to GU mech thread mate and fire away

Maxhead
16th March 2012, 08:39 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate