PDA

View Full Version : Steel rear bar

cossy
15th March 2012, 11:50 PM
Hi all
Would a rear bar from a GU 4,5,6,7,8, fit onto my GU 3? The body all looks the same yes the tail lights are biger but the body still looks the same the rear doors can be change over. Plus a set of rock sliders should shuld be able to be change as well. It looks like i can get a cheap rear bar off a GU 4. thank all:thumbup::thumbup:

guyjin
18th March 2012, 09:05 AM
If I don't know I usually wont post a reply, as as no one else has......

I'd be getting underneath a GU4 at the supermarket and checking out the rear crossmember, as is appears they may be slightly rearward of the GU3 ones.

FullFlxd
19th March 2012, 08:12 PM
If you have a welder and know how to weld everything will fit whatever car you have!!!

it's like transplant surgery as long as bloods the same ahhah

BearGUST
19th March 2012, 09:48 PM
I believe they are different due to the tow hook location, I'd say it could be modified to fit if you really wanted though.

BearGUST
19th March 2012, 09:54 PM
I was speaking to someone who had a rear bar that looked really good, they said it was a razzler??? (or something like that anyway)
Has anyone else heard of these? I can't find any info on them.

MudRunnerTD
19th March 2012, 10:57 PM
The GuIV bar will likely Not fit your GUIII, the panel profiles are different and the flares and wheel arches are different too.

The Rock sliders will fit if they are Not side steps but if they are sidesteps then likely they will not line up well and will have gaps all over the place.

On a side note though generally teh GUIV stuff is a little more expensive to buy than the earlier models, if you can get it cheap then buy it, fit it up, if it does not fit then on-sell it to fund your III stuff. Winner.

cossy
20th March 2012, 07:06 AM
Thanks all will keep looking