PDA

View Full Version : Introduction/ Navara

Henry Jacobs
15th March 2012, 06:43 PM
Hi, my name is Henry Jacobs. I am addictive to 4x4............LOL. Just joined the forum BUT I do not own a patrol. I’m driving a Nissan Navara 2007 dc 4x4 and the reason i joined the forum is to get a clear understanding of the my vehicle and the capability of it. Not sure if this is the correct forum and if not can any one point me in the right direction? I have a oil smell coming from the cabin which makes me extremely nerves. The smell starts when I exceed 80km. I am sure I need to take it in to Nissan, but before I do I need to be one step ahead of them, if you know what i mean.

This is my story.

Regards,

taslucas
15th March 2012, 06:47 PM
Hi mate welcome to the forum. Once you spend a bit of time looking around this forum you will figure two things...1) it's only for patrols......and 2) you'll be wanting to trade the nav in on a patrol! Lol all the best mate:)

tappa slappn about

Bigrig
15th March 2012, 06:56 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Hopefully someone can assist mate an then when fixed, you can trade up!!!!! lol

Enjoy!!

AB
15th March 2012, 07:39 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. It's a patrol forum but your close owning a nissan.

I would put up a separate post in another section about your problem to get the best results as a lot of people don't read the intros mate.

Good luck!

growler2058
15th March 2012, 07:43 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard

scotty83
15th March 2012, 07:51 PM
Welcome onboard. While I am sure there are heaps of guru's on here the best place for Navara Guru's is http://navara.asia/
don't worry about the .asia it is full of aussies

Tweakedoffroad
15th March 2012, 09:44 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard no arm at least it a nissan

Dhuck
15th March 2012, 09:46 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

kiwijase
16th March 2012, 07:02 AM
welcome to the site

Maxhead
16th March 2012, 08:41 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum Henry

the ferret
22nd March 2012, 12:45 AM
G'day Henry and welcome, the oily smell is probably coming from around the gear stick, if the oil level is too high it froths up and the vapour can escape into the cabin.
If the gearbox oil is low, the oil can get very hot and do the same.
It may also pay to check there is no oil leaking onto the exhaust system.
Also check there is no oil dripping from the bottom of the bell housing, this would be a rear main oil seal and it can find it's way onto the exhaust, especially at speed.
Look for tell tale black or brown stains on the exhaust system from the gearbox back.
Cheers, the ferret.

Finly Owner
22nd March 2012, 09:03 AM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House, so when do you trade it for a Patrol? LOL!

Tim