PDA

View Full Version : Reliabilty Question re: 2006-2010 3.0 TD

craigroberts
13th March 2012, 12:00 PM
Hi People

I am new here so thank you for being kind. Forum seems great!

I am in the process of looking for an Automatic turbo diesel 3.0 GU Ti 2006-2010 and had a question re: Engine

Will be used 40% City / 20% Highway / 20% Towing on Highway (2500kg) / 20% Offroad (approx)

I have heard from a lot of 4x4 mates that the 3.0 TD had big issues with reliabilty and to go for the old 4.2TD but with the new ones, you can only get the 3.0 basically.

I hear different "rumours" and some say the newer ones are good and issues have been sorted and others say ALL 3.0 TD are ticking time bombs.......

Some say they were fixed in 2002 and others say still aint fixed.

Could someone here please tell me which is true? As the last thing I want is a ticking time bomb.

Thank You
CR

Bigrig
13th March 2012, 12:05 PM
200-2002/3 were the trouble years mate, and even then we're talking handfuls out of the hundreds/thousands sold. Go a model post this and you'll be right - the old man has a 2008 model and tows the 26 foot van around Australia every year (racks up about 10-15000 klms every year) and it hasn't missed a beat.

General and regular maintenance is the key to many moons of happy motoring!!

nissannewby
13th March 2012, 12:14 PM
Most of the problems have been solved with the new crd models but as with any vehicle there will be good and bads in my opinion they dont make anything like they use too i wouldnt buy any of the new crop of 4x4s new i will driving my 4.2 diesel patrols for as long as i can

the evil twin
13th March 2012, 12:19 PM
X2 with Bigrig

From mid 07 onwards the 3.0 litre ZD30 is a common rail engine and is as reliable as any other direct equivalent indeed maybe more so than some. Certainly last longer than the POS Ford Ranger engine of a similar era (blew at 101,000).

06 to 07 is the older version IE non CRD but still quite OK. I would spend the extra couple of dollars and get a CRD tho. For what it's worth there is 107,000 K's on my CRD now

craigroberts
13th March 2012, 12:23 PM
Thanks people

I guess I should look then at the 08-10 models technically as they are not that much dearer.

Would fuel consumption be a tad better with the newer CRD?

CR

the evil twin
13th March 2012, 12:40 PM
Thanks people

I guess I should look then at the 08-10 models technically as they are not that much dearer.

CR

Replied in your other post cobber

craigroberts
13th March 2012, 12:46 PM
Thanks Buddy. You guys are a big help :)

sr06
13th March 2012, 06:49 PM
Thanks people

CR

hay mate i've got a 08 wagon CRD with 97000k's only had it 4 months great truck and i got 825km's from 125L mostly all highway sitting on 110

luxo barge
13th March 2012, 07:46 PM
In 2010 the ST's came standard with seprate aiconditioning to the rear' like in the earlier ST-L models. I have also heard some bad reports reguarding bad fuel economey with the CRD's which come available in 2007. Some are thirsty as but the majority are real fuel misers like they should be.

Dingo55
15th March 2012, 11:30 PM
CR, you only have to pluck one goat & your reputation is shot forever. And buying second hand without good background research is a risk. Lot of folk are gun shy from Nissan damaging their reputation with the early 3lt, as Bigrig pointed out above. The product was faulty & Nissan was unhelpful when it happened - often blamed the operator. Later model 3ltr have been product improved, but require attention to genuine Nissan service schedules, filters, oil specs etc. This you probably already now, but go as late a model as your budget allows, verify its service history if possible & get it inspected by someone how knows diesels.

cheers