PDA

View Full Version : Submerged 4.5

BG0067
12th March 2012, 11:01 PM
G'day Folks, Just found out today that when the son borrowed the Troll and went to Lovedays he found a water hole that was deeper than he thought..

He shut the engine down as soon as it started going under so hopefully no water in that part. He was dragged out as luck would have by the RAA guys from Mount Barker who were there for a weekend away themselves.

:thumbup::thumbup: Many, Many Thanks to them if they belong to this forum and they see this.

Now the hard part --- What should I start looking for and changing apart from vital fluids and filters as I have never managed to submerge an engine before.

The guys at Lovedays gave it a quick strip down and once over and said it was okay to drive and he drove it home okay and it didn't miss a beat. I'm just concerned about what might be lurking and waiting.

Any suggestions would be muchly appreciated

Silver
12th March 2012, 11:39 PM
good news that he 'fessed up, and that the 'troll seems ok so far.

Needs more expertise than I have, and no doubt some will be along in due course!

Rick

AB
13th March 2012, 08:42 AM
If nothing has happened yet then the signs are good but I would be checking and replacing everything....Engine oil and filters, air filters, diff oils, gearbox oil, transfer case oil, etc.

Pull up carpets and check too.

BG0067
13th March 2012, 12:58 PM
If nothing has happened yet then the signs are good but I would be checking and replacing everything....Engine oil and filters, air filters, diff oils, gearbox oil, transfer case oil, etc.

Pull up carpets and check too.

Yep in the process of that now -- Never realised there were so many bits that could be removed, the interior of the car is just about back to paint only everything else is on the driveway and shed floor drying out waiting for the detailer to come around and attempt to remove mud and stains.

One upside of this is the car needed a good clean out -- but I think dunking it in water was a bit extreme...

bordertech
13th March 2012, 11:06 PM
PIC'S PLEASE!!!!!! I want to see which hole it was :thumbup:

AB
14th March 2012, 08:21 AM
Have you go any pics of the hole...Would be interested to see too!!!

BG0067
14th March 2012, 01:38 PM
I will try to get it off my phone

BG0067
14th March 2012, 01:55 PM
I have no idea where it is as I haven't been to Lovedays yet.

Twice son has borrowed Patrol to go there twice it came back broken in some manner --

It not go there with him again :1087::1087:

If it's gonna get broked ------ I want to broke it

Bob
14th March 2012, 01:58 PM

Twice son has borrowed Patrol to go there twice it came back broken in some manner --

Just hit him with the Repair Costs LMAO

You never loan your Chainsaw or Patrol

AB
14th March 2012, 02:01 PM
Shame mate, by the looks of the pictures without the snorkel you are one very lucky man!!!

AB
14th March 2012, 02:06 PM

Also mate, we are going up there at Easter time for our forum meet up so feel free to join us and we can find this nasty hole and you can check it out yourself...haha

BG0067
14th March 2012, 04:38 PM
Don't worry its costing a small fortune to get the detailing done.:oops:

Replacing oils, fluids and filters was on the cards for the month of May -- He has just changed the schedule a bit and brought it forward to Thursday and Friday of this week