PDA

View Full Version : Reversing Cameras

kraza
12th March 2012, 07:14 PM
Hi All, Any body fitted a camera in a GU, Im finding theres no decent spot to put one where it fits neatly out of the way in the front or the back. Any makes, models and ideas would be great.

BG0067
12th March 2012, 07:18 PM
Yep -- Have fitted a swann wireless to the rear barn doors under the handle that holds the licence plate light and door handle. This way I can angle it down to see the tow bar when backing up to the trailer or angle it out so I can see the bushes I am reversing into when out playing.

megatexture
12th March 2012, 09:15 PM
Yep -- Have fitted a swann wireless to the rear barn doors under the handle that holds the licence plate light and door handle. This way I can angle it down to see the tow bar when backing up to the trailer or angle it out so I can see the bushes I am reversing into when out playing.

this is where i added mine its a great spot also and i put one on the snorkel so the wife can see down the left side of the car (shes a short arse) and one thats in the car mounted in the roof console in the front that shows kid in back seats and u can switch between them with a knob i solderd up works a treat

BG0067
12th March 2012, 10:51 PM
I'm currently trying to work out where to put one out the front - Looking from under car to help with approach angles

kraza
13th March 2012, 03:21 PM

Where did you mont the front unit and is there any interference being wireless

megatexture
13th March 2012, 07:55 PM
from what I’ve seen the wireless aren’t as good video quality as hard wired ones also most night vision cameras are real poor on their own they work good in full darkness but throw in a poor reverse light and it causes havoc with the camera infrared and vision tends to go grey in places.
Under the front is a tricky one would have to be a tough camera and they tend to be cumbersome
up on top the diff? i imagine you would want to go as low as possible?