PDA

View Full Version : GQ Front Brakes

Razz54
12th March 2012, 06:03 PM
Has anybody fitted the front brake mods made by Brake Fabricators in Western Australia
Would like more info on them as I want get my brakes working better

Silver
12th March 2012, 07:06 PM
Never heard of them, but someone on here probably has!

If they increase braking effectiveness, I guess they will be of interest to those fitting larger dia tyres.

Thanks for the heads up, look forward to reports on the results if you go ahead

patrol_maverick
12th March 2012, 07:21 PM
patrol4x4.com/forum/nissan-patrol-gq-y60-ford-maverick-11/4-piston-upgrade-kit-66146/

NOTE: DIRECT LINKS HAVE BEEN REMOVED DUE TO PATROL4X4's VIRUS PROBLEMS, ENTERING THE ABOVE LINK INTO YOUR BROWSER YOU DO AT YOUR OWN RISK

KIND REGARDS

FORUM MANAGEMENT

Little Mick
13th March 2012, 06:11 AM
Just followed the above link to patrol 4x4 and the computor security system captured an expliot virus.Has this happened to any one else.

taslucas
13th March 2012, 09:54 AM
Just followed the above link to patrol 4x4 and the computor security system captured an expliot virus.Has this happened to any one else.

Hey mate, the patrol4x4 site is very unwell. Search this forum for a thread called Trojans, viruses. (or something like that) it has some info on the unfortunate state of the patrol4x4 site.

Lucas

nissannewby
13th March 2012, 11:37 AM
There is a thread on them on outerlimits (hope thats not a bad word around here) plenty of people have fitted them but i think you have to run a mimimum of a 16" wheel. there were some pics on there also they are quite a substantial upgrade and the package looks quite good.

nissannewby
13th March 2012, 11:38 AM
I think they use gtr calipers and possibly a modified gtr rotor

97_gq_lwb
13th March 2012, 01:31 PM
What about the ti brakes do they make much difference.

Robo
13th March 2012, 04:06 PM
I think they use gtr calipers and possibly a modified gtr rotor

This sounds a bit of mucking around using gtr stuff.
If this is what they are using and it just bolts on!.
then there are on susbay gtr upgrade callipers cheap.
6 and 8 piston alloy caliper.

would't just using std TI twin caliper be easier?.
4 slotted rotors.
braided lines all round do the job.

nissannewby
13th March 2012, 05:05 PM
you could go to a gu front end and try to find one off a 4.8 as these will have the best brakes out of the lot the twin spot calipers on the gq are marginally better but not greatly and still have to go to a 16" rim. You could even go down the path of fitting the gu master cylinder as these have a larger bore giving you better brakes. The brake upgrade mentioned is similar to any other aftermarket kit price wise. Like i said i think thats what they use dont quote me on it.

patrol_maverick
14th March 2012, 08:07 PM
The kit has skyline calipers with custom mounting brackets, and custom rotors, but the kit is aroung $1900 from memory.

'Upgrading' to GU front & rear ends with a GU master cylinder and booster isn't as spectacular as people say (atleast I didn't think so after doing it).

nissannewby, a smaller master cylinder bore will give a higher pressure and effectively work better.

nissannewby
15th March 2012, 12:03 AM
sorry should have worded it better flow is increased which in fluid terms gives your more torque as such and will increase braking power

Razz54
18th April 2012, 04:51 PM
When ahead and purchased a set of front brake mods from Brake Fabricators, what a disaster, after 10 weeks he still has not sent the instructions to the fitment
Rang up for the instructions but just keep getting this story that the files were deleted from his computer
One would think he could get the instruction of another person he has sold the brakes to
We ended up in a heated argument over this as he cannot supply the product of purchase and all he could say was send them back, but did not give me transport company name he deals with
To anybody thinking of going this way for brake mods don't do it