PDA

View Full Version : Replacing ZD30 Engine

FrankW
12th March 2012, 03:16 PM
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to put a ZD30 from a 2008 model patrol into a 2000 model patrol. The engine is complete and includes the loom. Are there any other changes that need to be made or will it bolt in and hook up and go. Thank you

the evil twin
12th March 2012, 04:08 PM
2008 is CRD, 2000 is non-CRD (obviously) so you will need all the ancilliaries, ECU, vehicle looms etc.

Can't help you beyond that, sorry.

turbo4now6
12th March 2012, 04:19 PM
:jawdrop::jawdrop: why would ya ??????? bother

FrankW
13th March 2012, 12:31 AM
Engine is low klm, comes with everything and is within my price range. Just trying to get the vehicle back on the road.

the evil twin
13th March 2012, 01:32 AM

Engine is low klm, comes with everything and is within my price range. Just trying to get the vehicle back on the road.

Good enough reasons IMHO. You know it will physically drop straight in, it should only be a few small ancillaries, the electricals/electronics so if the CRD is the right price and the ECU changeover, fuel delivery and rewiring isn't a showstopper why wouldn't you.

taslucas
13th March 2012, 11:43 AM

I'm guesing the 2000 engine went bang and you've got a 2008 engine to slide in ? Is that right frank?
If that's what he's doing then yep he should bother turbo4now6...

Lucas

FrankW
13th March 2012, 12:35 PM
Yes that's right. Original motor went bang, was going to do it up again but this one came up and I am after as much info as I can find re installation.

outbackjack
14th March 2012, 05:54 PM
I dont think its been done before. Mechanically it will bolt in I think, however the electronics/electrcal will need to be sorted.

Although all Patrols from 1998 look roughly the same, there is difference is simple things. For example I have a 2001 model GU, I needed a new mirror switch, got one off a 2004 and it has different plugs. The stereo surrond looks the same between 1998 and 2004, but later models have 2 screws above the heater controls, A lot of the switches have different plugs etc.

However if you can get the ECU and all the harness etc, you should be able to Morph it.

If on the other hand you just want to put in another ZD30, I have two, one needs a rebuild, other runs fine. But I can also get brand new engines in Newcastle for around the 7k mark, maybe cheaper.

This is what I am doing, putting in a brand new engine, injector pump, turbo etc etc. Only becuase I am heading to the NT for few years and want a nice easy run hopefully. I will also be towing a 2 plus tonne van.

Nismotrol
14th March 2012, 06:47 PM
Hi outback jack I'm new to the forum just reading through your post! You mentioned you have a zd30 motor for sale! Just wanting more information about it as iam trying to source one! Cheers and where are you located? Also keen to know more about these new zd30s at Newcastle! Hope to hear from you soon!