PDA

View Full Version : gu factory parker bulbs, want to convert them to led

panzy
11th March 2012, 06:16 PM
hey guys im new to the forum, i have a 99 gu ute and i want to replace my standard halogen bulbs in my parker lights (under the indicator) with led's i have looked on ebay but there are so many variables in size. i went into autopro and they said they can order them in for me for 40 bux each.... i aint paying that so if anyone has baught them before or knows they type of bulb i need that would be greatly appreciated. cheers

gregs
11th March 2012, 07:15 PM
panzy, mate get underneath the front and pull the bulb out this way you will see exactly what sort it is. Supercheap auto may have the ones you need as they stock a couple of different sets now. Our 07crd had T10 bulbs in the parkers, indicators at the front and on the side of the the guard. I changed all ours to leds a while back and I got them through Thumpainc (Matt) from patrol4x4 but he has sold the business and now I believe that tweakedoffroad now has it. Send him a pm to see if he can help.

Cheers

Greg

Dingo55
15th March 2012, 11:46 PM
panzy,

do what greg said & then try Brightlights http://www.brightlightautoparts.com/index.html You can call them on (03) 9758 1122 to discuss options - I found them very helpul. Products are good quality, not asian knock-offs.

I've ordered full LED replacement bulbs for my GU. LED place a lower load on the circuit, which is a good thing, but you might experience an increased flash rate if you replace indicator standard globes with LED - indicators on steroids. If that happens then the fix is to replace the flash/indicator relay module. That was done on mine when Kaymar dual wheel carrier was fitted as they come with LED combo park/stop, reverse, indicator LED bars.

cheers,