PDA

View Full Version : New Member From Perth

bill98gu
10th March 2012, 11:36 PM
hey all would like to introduce myself here to the forums. My names Bill a perth bloke father of 4 rugrats currently stay at home dad (not for long) and the mrs is a nurse.

dads taxi is now a 1998 gu patrol st fitted with an rd28 back by a manual, its failry stock at the moment with just some large lightfroce spotties on the front bar and a 40ch gme also fitted.

paid a small amount of money for the bus only $8,000 but within a couple of months the car was sent off for a full engine rebuild which i was gob smacked when i recieved the bill but im sure i will have alot of engine trouble free years ahead of me.

i will post some pics up on here and also post up lots of questions as i am kind of new to the 4wd scene.

Cheers

Bill

Silver
11th March 2012, 12:46 AM
Welcome, Bill!

As you say, you have a sound engine to work with now.

Dhuck
11th March 2012, 07:12 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Bigrig
11th March 2012, 07:20 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

growler2058
11th March 2012, 07:26 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

DX grunt
11th March 2012, 08:18 AM
G'day Bill

Welcome to the forum and great to have you onboard. Where abouts in Perth do you live?

If you're interest in joining a local club, try www.westernpatrolclub.com

Take care out there.

Rossco

Stropp
11th March 2012, 01:25 PM
G'day bill, good to see another perthy aboard, I am new too so keep an eye out for the aw meetings and hope to catch you there sometime.

butters
11th March 2012, 02:23 PM
Gday Bill!

Interested on the rebuild, did ya do rods pistons etc?

Welcome to the forum

Finly Owner
11th March 2012, 09:38 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House
Bill

Tim

bill98gu
11th March 2012, 09:51 PM
well thanks for making me welcome guys much appreciated.. been surfing the site last few days trying to find the info im after as want to start improving my patrol.

as for the engine rebuild which was decided due to another head been stuffed after 6 months and also the crank key way rooted.

did new head, crank machining (key way for balancer was stuffed) rods pistons bearings needed new oil pump cooler as old one was dodgy welded up etc injectors cleaned .few glow plugs new radiator water pump thermostat and rad caps replaced bill was close to $8000 was considering rb25det conversion and save a massive amount of cash but the purpose of buying this one was it was diesel.

been looking around for info on larger intercooler 3" exhaust and putting some more boost into it.

have blocked of the egr and removed butterfly aswell

Timmo
11th March 2012, 10:10 PM
hiya bill welcome to the forum mate...........

ryusteve
12th March 2012, 12:46 AM
Welcome fellow sandgroper.
Not a good start, but I'm sure you should have piece of mind now for quite a while.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jqz3tc

Sir Roofy
12th March 2012, 07:46 AM
welcome aboard bill

Maxhead
12th March 2012, 07:06 PM
G'Day Bill, welcome to the forum mate

Tweakedoffroad
13th March 2012, 09:28 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard

nowoolies