PDA

View Full Version : New member

bobnsue
10th March 2012, 11:45 AM
Hi all we are old Nissan owners hopefully to become new Nissan owners soon, we are after an auto patrol to tow our van.
Has anyone got any suggestions on models as we did want a GU but have found out they cant tow anything over 2500kg ?????????? and van weighs 2800kgs bugger.
At moment driving 4x4ute (Isuzu) but want to step up into something with more refinement and not a converted work car even though it can tow 3000kgs manual or auto.
Am open to all sensible suggestions for our new tow vehicle.

Bigrig
10th March 2012, 12:01 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Have a hunt on gvm's of trucks mate (use the search on top right) and you should get that info readily on here ...

Good luck with the hunt mate!!!

Enjoy!!

Dhuck
10th March 2012, 12:44 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. There are a few upgrades available to make the patrol capable

wildgu6
10th March 2012, 01:10 PM
G'day & welcome aboard mate
Great lot here with tons of advice, adventures and experiences to share
Hang around and Jump in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Sir Roofy
10th March 2012, 01:43 PM
Welcome aboard mate

growler2058
10th March 2012, 04:39 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Finly Owner
10th March 2012, 09:49 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Bob n Sue

Tim

AB
12th March 2012, 05:56 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, good to have you on board!

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

You should get a better response by asking questions in other areas as a lot of people don't read the introductions section.

Maxhead
12th March 2012, 07:11 PM
G'Day Bob and Sue, welcome to the forum guys. The manual Patrol will give you towing capacity of 3200kg, a very nice ride and the best 4x4 around. I towed around the 2700kg mark with my GU6 auto and it did it with ease. To stay legal I have now upgraded to a GU8 manual but have not towed with it yet, but I'm sure it will do it with ease...

Tweakedoffroad
13th March 2012, 09:24 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard