PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys

Stropp
9th March 2012, 08:41 PM
Hello everyone,

We are a father and son team looking at getting back in 4x4ing and camping, we are currently on the look out for a late model patrol either a 4.2 diesel or a 3l.

The old man used to own a Toyota troup carrier but has seen the light :tease:

If anyone has a reasonably well equipped patrol please send us a pm, we are in WA but not affraid to travel to get the right deal.

Thanks guys looking forward to explore the site, any tips would be greatly appreciate.

Stropp & Joey.

Dhuck
9th March 2012, 08:43 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. Just missed a bloody good deal over her in Qld. Dark1 had a GU for sale (now sold) that was a great setup for that agenda.

AB
10th March 2012, 05:53 AM
Welcome to the forum guys, good luck with it all and feel free to ask any questions.

Silver
10th March 2012, 06:38 AM
Welcome, Stropp and Joey!

Dark's was a beautiful rig - where there's one, there are more.

Bigrig
10th March 2012, 07:55 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Good luck with the hunt and we list a lot of trucks that pop up on eBay, Gumtree etc so hopefully one will come up that fits the bill.

Enjoy!!

wildgu6
10th March 2012, 01:12 PM
G'day & welcome aboard mate
Great lot here with tons of advice, adventures and experiences to share
Hang around and Jump in where ever you feel comfortable.

Enjoy, Cheers Pete

Sir Roofy
10th March 2012, 01:45 PM
Welcome aboard guys

Stropp
10th March 2012, 03:18 PM
hi Guys thanks for the welcome, will let you know when we score a patrol, if anyone has any leads please feel free to let us know.

Stropp
10th March 2012, 03:47 PM
I know this will be a bit contoversial but here goes, we are a bit undecided about getting a 4.2 or 3.0 ltr deisel obviously there are for and against both but I would be happy to hear from both sides of the coin so to speak, currently interested in a 4.2 turbo with 250k's on it with a few extras but there are a couple of nice 3ltrs as well with a lot less k's for similar money I know the old story about the 3 ltrs and I think that has been done and dusted BUT what are the opinions higher k 4.2 or lower k 3.0ltr??

growler2058
10th March 2012, 04:42 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Finly Owner
10th March 2012, 09:46 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Stropp & Joey

Tim

Maxhead
12th March 2012, 06:54 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum guys, hope you find what you're lookin for mate

Tweakedoffroad
13th March 2012, 10:00 PM