PDA

View Full Version : 3 inch lift.......... Change the panhards?

IMASHORTROLL
8th March 2012, 03:21 PM
G'day G'day, Thanks again for the warm welcome. Just wondering how much difference adjustable panhards make for a 3 inch lift? Is it a must do? ive been cruising on the originals for a few months now and have'nt had any dramas but dont wanna finger anything. Also i have viewed all the threads for a quarter chop. Is there some good measurements for bar work anywhere or should i just have a go?

Thanks for your help and look forward to your replies!!

MudRunnerTD
8th March 2012, 03:25 PM
I dont run adjustable panards on my GUIV with a 3 inch lift. did not need them. sits perfect so no point. Saying that though, i have a pair of 3rds Production adjustables to go on it but never bothered so it was not because i was saving the cash, i'd already spent it....hmmmmm I really should fit them just for strength hey?? Or sell them?

With your bar work... Just have a go mate, there are a few threads around with good pics but do the cut then custom them to suit your car mate.

Have fun

nissannewby
8th March 2012, 04:11 PM
Shouldnt be to much of a drama just means your wheels will stick further out on side of the car than the other if you wanna bring em back in line then fit the adjustables otherwise just make sure nothing is fouling.

Rip'n'Shred
12th May 2012, 11:46 PM
I wonder if any one has had to change panhards and why?

xtreme patrol
13th May 2012, 01:18 AM
Yep I had to change my panhards with my 3" flexy because when it flexed lots the tailshaft hit my long range tank.
Without the adjstable ones the tailshaft was too close to the tank

Rip'n'Shred
13th May 2012, 10:07 AM
So if you didn't have long range tank would you have still fitted panhards?

Bigrig
13th May 2012, 10:24 AM
I had same problem - 5" lift and it tore the tank open (which many off the forum will remember me at Scenic Rim pulling out my auxiliary tank!! lmao). Even without the tank (which I no longer have as I installed a long range 148litre rear), I would have needed them as my wheels were about 2" to one side (easily) - cant be good for on road dynamics and suspension setup in general I figure - so yep, I have Superior adjustables front and rear ...

89gqpatrol4x4
13th May 2012, 12:17 PM
hey xtreme patrol how do find the 3 inch flexi coils? and did you get them from suspension stuff in brissy

xtreme patrol
13th May 2012, 09:19 PM
So if you didn't have long range tank would you have still fitted panhards?

No dont think it would have been needed the diffs were only out to one side by about an inch

hey xtreme patrol how do find the 3 inch flexi coils? and did you get them from suspension stuff in brissy

Yeah love them, Truck doesn't look like cop bait like it would with a 4 to 5 inch lift but its got huge flex (not running swaybars)
and yes there from Suspension Stuff

89gqpatrol4x4
14th May 2012, 06:21 PM
How,s it go on the road with no sway bars? a bit rolly. Can you get sway bar disconnects?

xtreme patrol
15th May 2012, 09:05 AM
How,s it go on the road with no sway bars? a bit rolly. Can you get sway bar disconnects?

Actually I have completely taken off the front and have installed disconnects on the rear but im usually too lazy to get under to connect them back up LOL .
I probably wouldn't recommend driving around to much with both disconnected for the most part its ok but if you needed the swerve in a hurry it could get ugly But with the front disconnected only you don't really notice any roll :smiley_thumbs_up: