PDA

View Full Version : Bellies 2000 3.0L ST

Bellie81
6th March 2012, 11:46 AM
Well now that I have introduced myself here is a couple of pics of my truck. After my old truck had way to many issues for me to worry about fixing I sold it and brought a new 1

I have changed garages and brought a 2000 Nissan Patrol ST 3.0l TD

It has a OME 2 inch lift, dual batteries with red arc management system, turbo timer, snorkel, 12v and anderson plus in the back, tow and bull bars, narva 225 drive lights, electronic rust protection, it is pretty well decked out.

It has been nicknames the "pampered pooch" by my father-in-law to be.

macca86
6th March 2012, 11:50 AM
nice one mate I have a 2000 gu but with a 2003 motor. I'd advise doing the nads to her real quick and keep on top of the services. Pampered pooch is right mine gets more than my missus does. best thing about the car you can turf it if it pisses you off

Maxhead
6th March 2012, 11:50 AM
The truck looks really good mate and looks like it has some good accessories on it too. Nice!

AB
6th March 2012, 12:12 PM
Very nice mate, love the colour too!

Tweakedoffroad
6th March 2012, 12:24 PM
Very nice looking bus mate can't wait to see some action shots

Bellie81
6th March 2012, 12:24 PM
nice one mate I have a 2000 gu but with a 2003 motor. I'd advise doing the nads to her real quick and keep on top of the services. Pampered pooch is right mine gets more than my missus does. best thing about the car you can turf it if it pisses you off

Its had all the bits and pieces done on it to stop it going bang. Turbo has been wound down abit, exaust gas has been blocked, has exaust gas temp gague, boost gague, 3 inch exaust. And i found out that the old owner had it rebuilt about 2 years ago just because he could (joys of a mate working for nissan and tracing the vehicle history) all i need to do is install a oil catch can and its all good.

Bellie81
6th March 2012, 12:26 PM
Thanks guys. yeah i like the colour as well, looks really good when its all nice and shiny.
I dont think i could have asked for to many more accessories with out the price going up and up. And I am really looking foward to getting out and getting some good action shots

Stropp
9th March 2012, 10:27 PM
Bellie that's the sort of rig I am on the hunt for currently.

Smokey2.8
9th March 2012, 10:38 PM
Clean looking rig, get into the NADS ASAP.
Looks like pic taken at Zig Zag near Lithgow. Great place.

Bellie81
12th March 2012, 05:05 PM
Thanks Smokey. Yeah up at lithgow the week after i brought it. took it for a little shake down run.
Whats NADS are you talking about?? It has the exaust gas recirc. blocked off, boost and exaust temp gague, turbo has been wound back abit. I think the only thing it is missing is a oil catch can.
Is there anything im missin?

Sir Roofy
12th March 2012, 05:16 PM
Thanks Smokey. Yeah up at lithgow the week after i brought it. took it for a little shake down run.
Whats NADS are you talking about?? It has the exaust gas recirc. blocked off, boost and exaust temp gague, turbo has been wound back abit. I think the only thing it is missing is a oil catch can.
Is there anything im missin?

dawes and needle valve to control boost

Bellie81
13th March 2012, 11:30 PM
Would i need that if the turbo has been wound back?? I havent seen it boost ove 18PSI since i have owned it

nissannewby
14th March 2012, 11:33 AM
I could be wrong but it sounds as if it may already have it. Take a photo of your engine bay and the zd guys will be able to tell you preferably around the turbo area.

Oversize
15th March 2012, 04:45 AM
We all need something to pamper. Nice rig Bellie

Bellie81
16th March 2012, 12:48 AM
I could be wrong but it sounds as if it may already have it. Take a photo of your engine bay and the zd guys will be able to tell you preferably around the turbo area.

Thanks. I will do that when I get a chance (maybe over the weekend) and ask the guys on here.

Bellie81
16th March 2012, 12:49 AM
We all need something to pamper. Nice rig Bellie

We sure do. I have already brought the rubber mats to protect the carpet

Oversize
19th March 2012, 08:11 AM
We sure do. I have already brought the rubber mats to protect the carpet

I have taken the rear carpet out and replaced it with a decent piece of fitted rubber matting and seriously want to take the front lot out. Thelma has the rubber mats but I hate the thought of cleaning carpet after playing in the mud and dust on my next trip to the Cape. I will wait a bit and see how they hold up.

Bellie81
25th March 2012, 06:28 PM
Ok I have a few pics of my engine bay around the turbo area and was aondering if somebody can tell me if I have a Dawes and needle Valve.

pics attached

Bellie81
29th March 2012, 05:07 PM
Im just wondering if anybady can tell me if my truck has a dawes valve. There are a few pics of my engine bay above, mainly around the turbo area.

Thanks

nissannewby
30th March 2012, 01:39 PM
The first is prob the best for it I'm not much of a know how on the humble 3L but she looks to be standard and doesnt look to have the valve set up on it. Im sure some of the 3L experts will be around soon with there input.

Protius
2nd April 2012, 02:18 PM
Should definately invest in a pyro gauge ;)

Bellie81
3rd April 2012, 06:04 PM
Should definately invest in a pyro gauge ;)

Which 1 is a pyro gauge for?? theres an exaust temp and boost gauge already.

nissannewby
3rd April 2012, 06:36 PM
exhaust temp (pyro) so your all sweet

Rusty86
3rd April 2012, 08:54 PM
Great looking truck :)

rusty_nail
4th April 2012, 08:44 AM
nice truck bell! nice and simple! thats the way i like it! hope to see ya out on the track!

Bellie81
7th April 2012, 12:01 AM
Hey Fellas

Thanks for help and good words. rusty_nail its just the way i like it as well. Nice and easy to fix if something goes wrong and i know what work has been done to it. The most ive done actually is install a set of pillar lights at the back to replace the standard non working (re useless) lights.