PDA

View Full Version : something you might nead bull bar thread

madchris
6th March 2012, 10:53 AM
http://boltonparts.com.au/products/bull-bars/nissan-patrol-gu-bull-bar/

taslucas
6th March 2012, 11:01 AM
Just in time, I'm in need of a new bar! Do they do GQ? Have to check the site out more when I get back on the laptop.

Lucas

iht2670
6th March 2012, 12:28 PM
Looks good Compatable with SRS AIR BAGS ? ( not mentioned on website )

Steve.

Punderhead
7th March 2012, 10:55 PM
Slightly off topic, but does anyone know the legalities with fabricating your own barwork? My GQ doesn't have Airbags, so I don't see a problem with it.

Cheers!

oncedisturbed
8th March 2012, 12:23 AM
as long as it follows the contours of the vehicle and no sharp parts protruding, shouldn't be an issue seeing as it has no airbags. Best to check the current VSB 14 and state regs for compliance

Boofa
21st March 2012, 10:47 PM
do they do other barwork as well?

macca
22nd March 2012, 07:34 AM
Great price for a very functional bar.
Off Topic
There is one thing I have allways wondered about the bars available, that is why they dont have a fitting on or near the ends of them for safe use of a HiLift jack?
The bars I have had can fit a jack, but they have to go inside the overrides which lifts the whole front end which is really dangerous as the 4b swings around and can easily fall.
If it was near the ends it would lift that corner and leave the other wheel on the ground stopping that side movement happening.
Much safer way to change a tyre or do a bit of road building on a deep rut etc.
Cheers Macca

scotty83
22nd March 2012, 07:54 AM
Macca, most bars (particulary Airbag Compat) are not designed to hold that much weight on the sides. (assuming you are talking about the corners and side of the bars) They are designed to allow for glancing blows in this section. They support the cars weight towards the centre because of the strength required to connect them to the main rails and reduce damage\injury during a full frontal impact. You will fnd in most designs the "Jack Points" pritty much line up wth the rails.

Hope this helps.

macca
22nd March 2012, 08:43 AM
Yeh your right Scotty,
Im sure there is a 100 series in our club with "T" shaped cutouts on the sides of the bar for HiLifts, Probably a pre airbag model as you said.
Macca

Astro
22nd March 2012, 12:06 PM
"One piece"

REALLY ? ?

taslucas
22nd March 2012, 12:24 PM
Just had a look at the bosses Ute. 08 Sr5 gutlux with an Arb bar. It's looks to have two jack point at the front kind of either side of the no. Plate. Not %100 sure that they are jack points but they look like it. The Ute has passenger and driver airbags.

tappa slappn about

scotty83
22nd March 2012, 01:21 PM
Sorry for Hijacking this thread a bit with Macca's question but just wanted to confirm the location where you were thinking the mount would be good for others.

The "Blue" area is where i think you were talking about and the "Red" is where they currently are on most bullbars. Please let me know if i am wrong.

macca
22nd March 2012, 01:50 PM
Thats what I was wondering about Scotty. From the area of the indicator round the sides would work as a safe lifting point.
Your point about being near the chassis rails makes alot of sense, the bar would have to be fairly rigid to handle the wieght at the ends.
Probable wouldnt comply with crumple zones etc
Macca

bordertech
22nd March 2012, 11:08 PM
"One piece"

REALLY ? ?The wings look welded on but they always classify them as one piece.

Jaxxon
23rd March 2012, 06:50 PM
"One piece" is specified because our earlier bars were modular, in that the top section was bolted on. After some useful feedback we altered that in the new design along with some other improvements.

Alburypete
24th March 2012, 01:49 PM
Jaxxon good looking bars. When will we see one for post '04 GU's. As website only "Suits Nissan Patrol GU Series 1, Series 2 and Series 3 (1997-2004)"

Pete.

Jaxxon
25th March 2012, 10:16 PM
Jaxxon good looking bars. When will we see one for post '04 GU's. As website only "Suits Nissan Patrol GU Series 1, Series 2 and Series 3 (1997-2004)"

Pete.

Hi Pete,

We will at some point in the future but for now, we are sticking to supplying a small range which allows us to buy in larger quantities and keep costs low.