PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had intermittent electric windows?

JK973
3rd March 2012, 10:40 AM
Certain windows in my GU have decided to work (or not) when they want to, specifically passenger side windows, have tried lots of sequences to see if there is a knack to it but with no success.....

Anyone come across this before or have an idea of where to start looking, is this a known issue?

Cheers

John

HippoNZ
3rd March 2012, 10:44 AM
Passengers side doesn't work for me and the drivers side has a mind of it's own when it wants to work.....may have had something to do when I was sitting in my truck with water up to my chest though....haha dinno mate but could have something to do with the relay or switch or even a bad earth. someone will tell you soon though where to starting looking and how to test.

taslucas
3rd March 2012, 10:54 AM
Hi John, check out the 15th post in this thread: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1359-change-power-windows-to-manual&highlight=electric+windows
Hopefully it is of some help

JK973
3rd March 2012, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the link, I've taken the control unit out of the drivers side arm rest to give that a clean, I also took the door cover off to see if I could see the little black box but no luck, gonna nip out and get some PCB cleaner to see if it's just the control board....

WayneUH-1
3rd March 2012, 02:43 PM
I just bought a patrol and all the windows were intermitent, I pulled the door trims off, dismantled the switches and found they had a black film over the connections, so I cleaned them up with fine sand paper, put them all back together and they all work fine now.

Thirsty
3rd March 2012, 05:53 PM
I have 1 that works when it wants but mine is the motor in the door. it started to rust around the coil. i cleaned it up but it still only works when it wants too.

jman69
18th March 2012, 06:06 PM
98 GU. same problem with front passenger door. probably a dirty switch. I'll fix it one day when I get sick of the wife complaining:)

97_gq_lwb
18th March 2012, 06:11 PM
I have fixed a few over the years most common causes were bad contacts or dry solder joints.
Their is a contact cleaner lube in one available at jaycar wich works great.