PDA

View Full Version : Gday + Transfer Case Question

86mq
3rd March 2012, 12:04 AM
Gday Everyone

I'm based in Narrogin WA (a couple of hours from Perth). Saw the great site and thought I'd join up as just bought myself a 1986 3.3TD MQ LWB. She's done a few Ks but the body was in pretty good nick.

I got her a bit cheaper because the transfer case output bearing is on the way out. My question is - Is replacing this bearing a big job? Is it possible to just rip out the transfer case or does the whole gearbox need to come out?

May be a stupid question but I'm pretty new to these old buses. Will also try and have a look at the manuals you have online. May be able to answer my own question.

Have a good one and thanks in advance for any help!

Silver
3rd March 2012, 02:47 AM
Welcome, 86MQ!

I suggest you put the transfer case question over in one of the mechanical threads that fits it best, as some don't look at the intros.

I don't know the answer to your questions - on my 2.8 Q the tfr case sat out by itself connected to the gear box by a jack shaft, but that may not be the case with the 3.3 diesel?

Clunk
3rd March 2012, 03:49 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard , hopefully someone will come along soon enough with an answer for you but like Silver already said, might get a better response if you start up a new thread in the appropriate section

Tweakedoffroad
3rd March 2012, 04:57 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard

growler2058
3rd March 2012, 06:02 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

AB
3rd March 2012, 07:17 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, as mentioned above better to post the question in another section as a lot of people don't read the intro's.

Best of luck!

Sir Roofy
3rd March 2012, 08:03 AM
welcome aboard mate

taslucas
3rd March 2012, 09:42 AM
Gday mate, welcome aboard. I cant help with that one but Im sure youll find the info you need if you have a bit of a look around. Goodluck with it mate.

Maxhead
3rd March 2012, 08:46 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Finly Owner
3rd March 2012, 10:01 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House. Well first I better let you know you have a 1986 MK not mq. And yes the transfer will unbolt seperately. Just give some return welcomes to other new members and join in some general thread chats and before you know it you will be able to download the manual.

Post a pick of your rig when you're ready. I am a true old patrol lover.

Tim

Woof
3rd March 2012, 10:11 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, enjoy...............Narrogin boy, I only left Wagin about 4 months ago mate.

timbar
3rd March 2012, 10:56 PM
'day Mate - Welcome aboard join in when you are ready and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer !! Bucket loads of usefull information here plenty to read so join in meet the great bunch of guys and girls on our wonderful forum !!

You will not be disapointed !!

ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Dhuck
4th March 2012, 08:31 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bigrig
4th March 2012, 10:01 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

DX grunt
4th March 2012, 10:06 PM
G'day bloke.

Great to have another Southerner onboard. I'm at Gnowangerup - 60k's the other side of Katanning.

Congrats on your new truck. There's a few MQ owner drivers on here too, so they should be able to help you.

If all else fails, part it out and buy a GU. Just kidding. lol

Take care out there.

Rossco

Timmo
5th March 2012, 03:33 PM
welcome to the forum 86mq , hope you enjoy what it has to offer and have some fun.