PDA

View Full Version : Front end noise GQ LWB

Pablo76
2nd March 2012, 09:17 PM
Hi all, Yep im new to this site and im already trying to pick your brains, My Gq has a knocking noise under braking and low speed turns which seems to come from around the drivers side floor area, wouldnt think it would be the first Gq to do so. My initial thought was the radius rod to chasis mount bushes, so i put new bushes in the rods and chasis mount, diff end were worn,also did panhard bushes, but much to my discust in not fault finding this noise correctly and getting pretty pissed when i drove down the road and it did it again, i didnt kick the truck, i bit down on my tounge and thought bugger it, ill google it! Again i was pointed straight to the patrol forum, so here i am, a new member and already i can see there would be a wealth of knowledge on here, so please to all the Gq yoda's on here, could you guys shed some light on this for me. Thanks Paul.

Clunk
2nd March 2012, 11:40 PM
Maybe drivers side CV........... hopefully one of the gurus can shed some light, coz i'm just a novice and guessing lol

Silver
2nd March 2012, 11:56 PM
Body to chassis mounts ok?

stets
3rd March 2012, 12:04 AM
body mounts or possibly shock bushes. occasionally the sway bar connect bushes wear and cause some knocking type noise too. i have even heard of brake caliper bolts falling out and causing weird noises under braking

ozzyboy
3rd March 2012, 12:16 AM
sounds like same noise that just started in my GQ
Body mounts

Pablo76
3rd March 2012, 02:33 PM
Well body mounts are the only thing that havent been replaced recently so i think ill check those out, how are you meant to check them for wear?

jash
3rd March 2012, 11:29 PM
I recon its the sway bar mounts! Mine was knocking on floor pan type noise and new bushes fixed it.

madmike
1st May 2012, 09:51 PM
i have had knocking noises as well body mounts is what mine are now just how do I fix it. Is there any way that you can do it easily? what points are best to use to jack the vehicles body off so that I can replace them or put in rubber spaces or something?