PDA

View Full Version : Fittin a baby car seat to Nissan GU

Big Nog
29th February 2012, 06:16 PM
how you goin guys, had a baby girl on the weekend, trying to figure out the anchor point for the baby seat, can't seem to find anything in the car manual????

Anyone have a clue??

Cheers:confused:

Tweakedoffroad
29th February 2012, 06:21 PM
hey mate congrats on the new born there is one behind both the two second row seats under the carpet this is were my two seats are bolted to

Bigrig
29th February 2012, 09:13 PM
Same in my GQ - hopefully someone hasn't removed them as they are reasonably obvious when you lay the seats down and have a gander ...

If so, you can pick them up at most auto outlets.

Congrats again on the new arrival mate!!!

Silver
29th February 2012, 10:46 PM
yes, congrats to BigNog and family. Nipper chose parents wisely - at least one of them likes Patrols and getting out and about.

the godfather
1st March 2012, 01:18 AM
hey mate congrats on the new born there is one behind both the two second row seats under the carpet this is were my two seats are bolted to

Same as. Just make sure you use a grade8 bolt. And congratulations on the baby.

oncedisturbed
1st March 2012, 02:32 AM
congrats on bubs, same as the others have mentioned behind the 2nd row seats. having said that, it looks like my GU only has 1 in it which i noticed yesterday when I ripped the 3rd row seats out getting ready for drawers

Big Nog
1st March 2012, 01:44 PM
thanks guys for the congrats and all the info been a big help cheers

Silver
1st March 2012, 03:14 PM
if there isn't a fitting there, you can buy them as a set and have them fitted, if that is required in your state, or do it yourself if that is allowed in your state.

Speaking as someone who once drilled a hole in a spare tyre while fitting a tow bar, if you go down this route have a good look at what is underneath :-)

No, it wasn't a spare hanging off the back door, it was in an old Subaru, I had taken the spare out, then put it back in to check that the bolt and nut would clear, and forgot to take it back out.

The tyre repair bloke said, 'That's a big puncture mate' I said 'Yeah, 8mm' he said 'How do you know that?' I said, 'That's the si2e drill bit I used' There was a pause in the conversation for a while. Then I explained how I did it :-)

Big Nog
2nd March 2012, 09:37 PM
bet you felt like a goose mate.. done shit like that before lmao great tip.. look twice before you drill, got it

Clunk
2nd March 2012, 09:42 PM
Congrats to you and your missus on the new arrival mate, gotta be stoked hey

Big Nog
2nd March 2012, 09:49 PM
yeah mate, it's a spin out having her around.. now life begins, can't believe how small she is. She's like a size 5 sherrin

Clunk
2nd March 2012, 10:13 PM
yeah mate, it's a spin out having her around.. now life begins, can't believe how small she is. She's like a size 5 sherrin

I gather she's your first? I've got 2 girls myself, age 2& 6 and sure is life changing lol...... have another sprog on the way, due in August, so things will change again....... looking forward to It though means we,ll have to start looking for another large car....... the missus refuses to drive my gq, which is a bonus hahahahaha