PDA

View Full Version : Bash tray

kraza
28th February 2012, 05:50 PM
Hi All,
Just finished installing a new radiator and fan belt tensioner back into the 03 GU 3ltr. I was going to weld the 2 under body steel trays that protect the radiator and fan area and make a new section that is made out of plastic, out of steel into one unit better than 3 pieces, for easy removal next time. My question is would the engine heat up any more than now, the Nissan Service guy at the local dealer siad it would. I cant see how, as I'm only adding 1 more piece of small sheet steel.

Kraza

HippoNZ
28th February 2012, 06:00 PM
While driving I can't see a problem, if idling in high temps and if you had a turbo it would probably run on the warmer side. Just my opinion mate.

AB
28th February 2012, 07:02 PM
x 2 above mate. couldn't see any problem with that at all whilst driving.

Maybe a slight increase whilst stationary possibly due to the heat not being able to escape but that is only a "maybe".

Finly Owner
12th March 2012, 09:52 PM
You'll probably find that the "Nissan Guy"has to cover his asse. If he said it not increase temps, and it dd, you could sue the pants off him and Nissan. At least that's what I think.

Now, If you make it all one piece, and it gets damaged on the track, you will have to remove the whole piece, if it still 3 pieces, you would only have to remove the damged piece.

Tim