PDA

View Full Version : URGENT - 4WD Action needs a well set up touring GQ for magazine

AB
28th February 2012, 01:51 PM
I have just been contacted by 4WD Action.

They are urgently seeking a well set up for touring GQ with all the gear for an urgent photo shoot and write up in their magazine.

I don't think location is the issue.

The forum will also get a plug in the mag so if your interested in showing your beast in the 4WD Action magazine please get on to this asap.

Simply email John at customs@4wdaction.com.au (http://webmail.nissanpatrol.com.au/horde/imp/message.php?mailbox=INBOX&index=1996#)

Just do a quick write up about your beast with some pictures and if successful you will be contacted by John asap.

Also folks, mention in the email that you saw this on nissanpatrol.com.au so they know where it came from....Cheers!

AB
28th February 2012, 02:07 PM
Also folks, mention in the email that you saw this on nissanpatrol.com.au so they know where it came from....Cheers!

Tweakedoffroad
28th February 2012, 04:06 PM
Maybe get a nice big windscreen sticker for who ever gets the gig

Tweakedoffroad
28th February 2012, 04:09 PM
That's if u have any or can get one organized in time

AB
28th February 2012, 04:14 PM
That's if u have any or can get one organized in time

For sure mate, I can organise that no problem at all....Nice one!

Ben-e-boy
28th February 2012, 04:16 PM
It would also be nice if 4wd action would contact the subscribers of some of their magazine range to say that it no longer exists (4wd extreme for example) instead of giving repeated articles and dvd's. We have already paid for them

Tweakedoffroad
28th February 2012, 04:19 PM
For sure mate, I can organise that no problem at all....Nice one!

At least in a photo shoot would be more likely to see on windscreen as a good quick reference for people who flick and go mmmmmmm I will check that out do you no were the shoot will be

AB
28th February 2012, 04:24 PM
At least in a photo shoot would be more likely to see on windscreen as a good quick reference for people who flick and go mmmmmmm I will check that out do you no were the shoot will be

I have no idea mate, and no restriction on location.

I think they are desperate to fill in a section asap for one of the issues I guess...lol

Tweakedoffroad
28th February 2012, 04:26 PM
Cool hopefully one of our guys gets the gig

Bigrig
28th February 2012, 06:15 PM
See what comes - I've sent off an email ... fingers crossed ...

Might attach the 10m forum banner to the back of the truck AB and have it flying off the back like one of those small advertising planes!!!!!! lmao

growler2058
28th February 2012, 06:24 PM
It would also be nice if 4wd action would contact the subscribers of some of their magazine range to say that it no longer exists (4wd extreme for example) instead of giving repeated articles and dvd's. We have already paid for them

X2........

taslucas
28th February 2012, 06:31 PM

OMG THANKYOU!!!!!! I thought i was the only poor bugga thinking that!!!!! Im with you 100% ben. To be honest, if i had a vehicle that they wanted feature, i think i would have to say no.....

AB
28th February 2012, 07:05 PM

Might attach the 10m forum banner to the back of the truck AB and have it flying off the back like one of those small advertising planes!!!!!! lmao

Like priscilla...LMAO

DX grunt
28th February 2012, 07:46 PM
I'm speechless!!! OK guys, I'll take one for the GU team. lol

Ben-e-boy
28th February 2012, 07:58 PM
OMG THANKYOU!!!!!! I thought i was the only poor bugga thinking that!!!!! Im with you 100% ben. To be honest, if i had a vehicle that they wanted feature, i think i would have to say no.....

nope there are alot of disgruntled people... as I said it dosnt exist, as far as i know rick dosnt work for extreme anymore and there isnt anyone doing new articles hence the repeat articles. If you want extreme offroading mag then go to dirt comp

Ben-e-boy
28th February 2012, 08:02 PM

let me when you get the shoot. (they cant deny it for any real reason), good reason for a couple hours drive time

Bigrig
28th February 2012, 09:01 PM
let me when you get the shoot. (they cant deny it for any real reason), good reason for a couple hours drive time

IF I get the shoot mate ... we'll see, but will be sure to let you know!!!

oncedisturbed
28th February 2012, 09:17 PM
4wda are copping a hiding at the moment for their lack of cmunication for photo shoots especially for ones they over here in WA, theres a thread going on at perth4x4 about it at the moment as well as on the 4wda forums as well

Tweakedoffroad
29th February 2012, 12:17 AM

Hey could erect it as a side awning on the angle

Woof
29th February 2012, 01:16 AM
Just got a PM from John at 4WD Action requesting more photos of The Q

oncedisturbed
29th February 2012, 01:20 AM
good to see :) hope all goes well for you

might need to do forum WA shoot sometime

Woof
29th February 2012, 01:28 AM
good to see :) hope all goes well for you

might need to do forum WA shoot sometime
Yeah, did not even contact him, just logged on here and there it was

Maxhead
29th February 2012, 05:13 AM
Hope something eventuates from it boys and girls.It would be good to see your rig in the mag but also get the forum name on there.

DX grunt
29th February 2012, 05:36 AM
All the best to all the Q owners lining up for the photo shoot. I might even buy the mag when you have your fame and glory. lol

In the mean time, I'm patiently waiting by the phone and puter for the U call up. lol.

All the best guys and girls.

Rossco

Tweakedoffroad
29th February 2012, 12:54 PM
so has any body lined up yet

ozzyboy
29th February 2012, 12:57 PM
my rig got a bit of work needed before that :P

Bigrig
29th February 2012, 02:00 PM
so has any body lined up yet

I've emailed them, but heard naught to this point. We'll just have to wait and see ...

Be interesting what they're after, as it appears most heavily modified (and good looking) trucks have appeared in there in some description or another ...

Fingers crossed.

Woof
2nd March 2012, 12:45 AM
Well after thinking about it I have decided not to do it..............just deleted what I think of them...LOL

stevo1971
5th March 2012, 02:08 AM
I wish mine was up to standard, has a few issue's at the moment...But its still a great car..Love to go Missing in the Nissan A LOT :)

Bigrig
5th March 2012, 09:41 AM
I haven't even had a courtesy response to say no go ...

Appreciate they'd get swamped with emails, but would have thought they'd at least have some form of auto response to say "thanks, email received and we'll get back to you etc etc" ...

No great drama really, but sort of puts you off ever responding to the requests. And as said, seems to be a large amount of reruns of previous trucks etc creeping into the mag - appreciate again this is a 'cheaper' way of populating the mag and keeping costs down, but doesn't really inspire me to keep buying it ... hmmmm

04OFF
5th March 2012, 11:29 AM
I haven't even had a courtesy response to say no go ...

Appreciate they'd get swamped with emails, but would have thought they'd at least have some form of auto response to say "thanks, email received and we'll get back to you etc etc" ...

No great drama really, but sort of puts you off ever responding to the requests. And as said, seems to be a large amount of reruns of previous trucks etc creeping into the mag - appreciate again this is a 'cheaper' way of populating the mag and keeping costs down, but doesn't really inspire me to keep buying it ... hmmmm

This is what dissapoints me a little about mags scouting for cars on the forums (not just this forum), sure, they can no way respond to everyones emails individually, they asked for a urgent responce from GQ owners, some sort of return group responce would be courteous id have thought, but it seems they do not make attempts to keep threads (either started by themselves or on their behalf) or the people they are asking to help, up to date with any info.

How many times will people send off pics of the their car without getting any responce (only once i bet), yet if they just said, thanks everyone who sent pics, we will keep all your pics/info on file for further info, or ....we dont keep your info, please send it again next time we are looking, at least you know where you stand for next time, no info is just not going to work if they want people to keep responding in the future.. :frown:

oncedisturbed
5th March 2012, 01:13 PM
what they should do is create a thread and update as required same a vendor would and leave feedback there, that way everyone is on the same page as they would countless amounts of emails but common courtesy would be nice in someway acknowledging emails etc

AB
5th March 2012, 01:42 PM
what they should do is create a thread and update as required same a vendor would and leave feedback there, that way everyone is on the same page as they would countless amounts of emails but common courtesy would be nice in someway acknowledging emails etc

That is 1000% correct mate. I have no idea why they don't network like that on all forums.

One post in each forum with alerts set up for notifications of replies.

You could easily managed 50 forums and not miss a beat.

oncedisturbed
5th March 2012, 02:55 PM
they don't even network properly on their own forums, the lack of response from the staff is rediculous and too much is thrown on the mods there who can not answer on behalf of EMG, the mods do great work over there and are very knowledgable but I think they are under valued by EMG.

Bigrig
5th March 2012, 03:24 PM
Just got an email back - need to complete some details they sent through and they are going to organise a time for a photo shoot.

Hopefully I can get the damaged flares from the weekend fixed before then!!! lmao

Definitely will ...

oncedisturbed
5th March 2012, 03:45 PM
good to see bud

Ben-e-boy
5th March 2012, 03:47 PM
mine is modified enough but not pretty enough. but I dont want pretty so I guess I'll never get a shoot.

good onya scotty

taslucas
5th March 2012, 03:54 PM
Just got an email back - need to complete some details they sent through and they are going to organise a time for a photo shoot.

Hopefully I can get the damaged flares from the weekend fixed before then!!! lmao

Definitely will ...

Good one Scotty, REPRESENT!

Lucas

AB
5th March 2012, 03:57 PM
Nice work Scotty...Let us know what the outcome is mate!

Bigrig
5th March 2012, 04:07 PM
mine is modified enough but not pretty enough. but I dont want pretty so I guess I'll never get a shoot.

good onya scotty

Thanks mate ... Didn't know you thought my plain grey truck was "pretty"!!!! lmao

Bigrig
5th March 2012, 04:08 PM
Nice work Scotty...Let us know what the outcome is mate!

Will do - I'll be sure to wear the forum shirt and turn the lights back up on the rear so the sticker is fully visible!!

Maxhead
5th March 2012, 04:20 PM
Will do - I'll be sure to wear the forum shirt and turn the lights back up on the rear so the sticker is fully visible!!

Go you good thing!!!!! Hope it all works out mate

growler2058
5th March 2012, 04:57 PM
Onya largerus moderaterus rock on

Bigrig
5th March 2012, 05:07 PM
Rights, paperwork (8 pages of it) complete, signed and sent back ...

Here's hoping!!

Tweakedoffroad
5th March 2012, 05:08 PM
Well done mate keep us informed got any space for another sticker maybe

Bigrig
5th March 2012, 05:14 PM
Well done mate keep us informed got any space for another sticker maybe

Hahaha ... go on then, I'll bite, what sort of sticker???

oncedisturbed
5th March 2012, 05:29 PM
Hahaha ... go on then, I'll bite, what sort of sticker???

reckon it might be one that lights up your night :)

Ben-e-boy
5th March 2012, 08:55 PM
Thanks mate ... Didn't know you thought my plain grey truck was "pretty"!!!! lmao

it was you that told they want pretty trucks, and I'm quite sure you used those words. and i'm also quite sure you were drinking lmao

it pretty compared to mine, I have dent in every panel, both door sills are dented and the tray is bent and I used a 28oz ball pein hammer to "modify the guards to fit the tyres on full lock

Bigrig
5th March 2012, 09:02 PM
it was you that told they want pretty trucks, and I'm quite sure you used those words. and i'm also quite sure you were drinking lmao

it pretty compared to mine, I have dent in every panel, both door sills are dented and the tray is bent and I used a 28oz ball pein hammer to "modify the guards to fit the tyres on full lock

I'm pretty sure you're right!!!! LMFAO

Bigrig
20th March 2012, 04:11 PM
Righto, got a call today and booked in for a photo shoot next Thursday!!! How excitement!!!

Absolutely, positively NOT confirmed, but John told me he'd like to use it for the cover!!! Now that'd be sweet!

Will keep you posted.

Bigrig
20th March 2012, 04:16 PM
These are the photos I sent through ...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/03/9.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/03/10.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/03/11.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/03/12.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/03/13.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/03/14.jpg

taslucas
20th March 2012, 04:18 PM
Righto, got a call today and booked in for a photo shoot next Thursday!!! How excitement!!!

Absolutely, positively NOT confirmed, but John told me he'd like to use it for the cover!!! Now that'd be sweet!

Will keep you posted.

That's bl@@dy awesome mate! Many excitements for ya!
If ya get the cover, I may even buy a copy lol
Good job:-)

tappa slappn about

Parra
20th March 2012, 04:28 PM
Awesome stuff! I'll definitely be getting a copy of that. How long do you have to keep it shiny for.

Bigrig
20th March 2012, 04:33 PM
Awesome stuff! I'll definitely be getting a copy of that. How long do you have to keep it shiny for.

I'll be getting it polished up the day before and suppose I need to take some rags and tyre blackener with me for when we get there (dusty roads). The shoot takes up to 5-6 hours and apparently can take longer ... that'll be the longest period in it's history of being clean!!!! lmao

taslucas
20th March 2012, 04:56 PM
Just saw the pics you put up......The tank: big, grey and beautiful!

tappa slappn about

Maxhead
20th March 2012, 05:01 PM
MAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!, I hope you get TANK in there Scotty. One issue though....The www.nissanpatrol.com.au sticker is not very visible...LOLOLOL

Good one and I hope it all works out....Very excitement!!!!!

Sir Roofy
20th March 2012, 05:23 PM
Good on ya scotty hope they dont leave ya hanging like they did to flethca

Winnie
20th March 2012, 06:09 PM
Well done mate will be good to see the tank in the magazine.

growler2058
20th March 2012, 06:11 PM

Will keep you posted.

Hell yeah woo hooooooo sh1t hot largerus moderarterus

Tweakedoffroad
20th March 2012, 06:33 PM
Evan a much better spot to have that big sticker across the screen

Bigrig
20th March 2012, 07:21 PM
Evan a much better spot to have that big sticker across the screen

Working on a full frontal sticker with AB so hopefully that'll be sorted ...

taslucas
20th March 2012, 07:25 PM
Working on a full frontal sticker with AB so hopefully that'll be sorted ...

Is that gonna be G rated enough for the mag? Or will they have to blur bits out?

Lmfao

tappa slappn about

AB
20th March 2012, 07:52 PM
Well done Scotty, going to look awesome this beast!!!!

Bigrig
20th March 2012, 08:03 PM
I'm freaking out, now I have to get the power installed for the winch, the roof console installed (sitting in my garage), the starter motor fixed, the bonnet scoops installed, the ....

You get my point!!! lmao

Gotta look "pretty" for the photos, but want everything functional as well ...

Nothing like a challenge!!!! lol

Silver
20th March 2012, 08:08 PM
who can put up a poll voting on whether BigRig is to Plank Tank for the photo shoot.

Nice photos Scotty!

growler2058
20th March 2012, 08:09 PM
who can put up a poll voting on whether BigRig is to Plank Tank for the photo shoot.

Nice photos Scotty!

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA Bloody oath

Bigrig
20th March 2012, 08:14 PM

Nice photos Scotty!

LMFAO!!!

I would .... but that's illegal ...

Isn't it??? lol

Woof
20th March 2012, 11:51 PM
Great news there Scotty, I will have to by the issue when it comes out mate..

Bigrig
21st March 2012, 12:26 AM
Great news there Scotty, I will have to by the issue when it comes out mate..

I'll be sure to post the edition mate once known ... pretty proud to have it selected truth be told - nice recognition of all the effort I've put into it ... nothing to gain by it as such, but definitely a sense of pride that it at least 'makes the grade' as it were for their selection process ..

hekarewe
21st March 2012, 02:58 AM

the trucks pritty scot just have to throw 2 bags over the drivers head or maybe get you to take the gorilla mask of LOL

congrats on the shoot mate should be a hoot

GQUTERUS
21st March 2012, 08:13 PM
Great work dude!

Bigrig
28th March 2012, 09:28 PM
Well, tomorrow's the day ...

Fingers crossed it'll make the cut for the cover, and just finished packing some gear in it ... spoke to them today and they said "pack some of the gear you'd take when you go out"!!! That's a 1.8 tonne camper and enough gear for 6 normally!!! lmao

Sooooo, asked the missus to pick me up a 3x3 gazebo, packed the camping table and a chair, the Waeco with some beers in it, an Australian Bush Cooking book, my swag and my stubby holder!!! LMFAO ... That's about all I'd take!!!!

Put the in car video in also, so hopefully whilst their filming me, I'll film them and post up some footage of 'how it all works' ...

Pretty excited truth be told ... just praying nothing f#cks up on the truck!!! lol

DX grunt
28th March 2012, 09:31 PM
You'll come through with flying colours, Scotty.

Don't forget to wear your NP polo shirt. lol

Take care out there.

Rossco

Bigrig
28th March 2012, 09:36 PM
You'll come through with flying colours, Scotty.

Don't forget to wear your NP polo shirt. lol

Take care out there.

Rossco

Yep, got the shirt out, and the stubby cooler in ...

Was going to turn the lights around on the back facing upwards again so the sticker shows clearer also ... will do that in the morning ...

Airstrike
28th March 2012, 10:10 PM

Fingers crossed it'll make the cut for the cover, and just finished packing some gear in it ... spoke to them today and they said "pack some of the gear you'd take when you go out"!!! That's a 1.8 tonne camper and enough gear for 6 normally!!! lmao

Sooooo, asked the missus to pick me up a 3x3 gazebo, packed the camping table and a chair, the Waeco with some beers in it, an Australian Bush Cooking book, my swag and my stubby holder!!! LMFAO ... That's about all I'd take!!!!

Put the in car video in also, so hopefully whilst their filming me, I'll film them and post up some footage of 'how it all works' ...

Pretty excited truth be told ... just praying nothing f#cks up on the truck!!! lol

HOLY CRAP everything indeed....you might aswell stay a night or 2... I can bring Alcohol, smokes and music. LMAO

EDIT: I can not however bring the biggest muddies (crabs) on the east coast as it would seem that to be not so :P

Tweakedoffroad
28th March 2012, 11:54 PM
Hey mate best of luck you should have a ball let us no how you go

growler2058
29th March 2012, 04:23 AM
One thing that would have topped it off woulda been Rossco in THOSE shorts hahahahahahhaha good luck with it mate

Tappin N Crappin

Maxhead
29th March 2012, 05:27 AM

Wooohooo, pay day mate. Well done.
Hope all works out mate, I'm sure it will...don't forget the nissanpatrol sticker...LOLOLOL

taslucas
29th March 2012, 06:51 AM
Good stuff mate hope it all goes well:)

Timbo
29th March 2012, 10:34 AM
Congrats Scotty!!!

Parra
29th March 2012, 10:39 AM
good stuff mate!

i look forward to seeing the beast in the mag soon. hope you have a blast!

taslucas
29th March 2012, 11:19 AM
How's it all going Scotty? Getting used to the rock star life yet?

tappn it

Bigrig
29th March 2012, 03:40 PM
How's it all going Scotty? Getting used to the rock star life yet?

tappn it

Hahahaha. Hmmmm ... Rock Star?? Hmmmmm ... not quite brother!!!! lmao

Just got back and was a blast - Daniel the photographer was a top bloke as was the other guy getting shots done of his rig also (super beefed up Rangie with ALL the goodies, 37's, lockers front and rear, welded and laminated and gusseted everything, etc, etc .... still didn't show up Tank though!!!! lmao).

Couple of snaps I took whilst he was getting some ... couldn't get others as we did some fairly knarly little tracks ... hopefully my "rear wheel 2 feet off the ground" shot will make the mag ...

As always, photos don't do justice, but suffice to say, that rock Tank is on is about 4 foot tall, and I now have a brand new scar right along the length of my right slider just getting it up there ... the photographer got a couple of different angles to me, and to quote him, one of them was "the money shot" (it looked superb on his camera ...

These are from my dodgy camera with some 'iPhone enhancement'!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/03/28.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/03/29.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/03/30.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/03/31.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/03/32.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/03/33.jpg

Got to keep the 4WD Action number plate covers too!!! Happy with that ... yep, I'm a simple creature!!! lol

Parra
29th March 2012, 03:45 PM
good stuff mate. i like your iphone photography skills ;)

where abouts was this spot? looks pretty cool.

go the GQ!

Bigrig
29th March 2012, 03:51 PM
good stuff mate. i like your iphone photography skills ;)

where abouts was this spot? looks pretty cool.

go the GQ!

Thanks mate!

Was out at Scenic Rim ....

taslucas
29th March 2012, 04:01 PM
Thats awesome mate. Would have been a great experience. Any idea which issue it will be in?

tappn it

Bigrig
29th March 2012, 04:59 PM
Thats awesome mate. Would have been a great experience. Any idea which issue it will be in?

tappn it

Thanks mate. Not sure, but I think it's 4WD Custom (or Modified or whatever the new name is), issue 187?? About two months away??

Dark 1
29th March 2012, 05:59 PM
Congrats brother, fly that flag proudly.

growler2058
29th March 2012, 06:02 PM
Woo hoo sh1t hot Biggus moderarterus and TANK of course

Tappin N Crappin

Dhuck
29th March 2012, 06:47 PM
Glad you enjoyed your self Scotty. You know how mine was. Nice pics mate.

White Elephant
29th March 2012, 07:09 PM
Awesome! I'll be looking out for that edition! Now comes the fame and fortune Bigrig...hehe.

DX grunt
29th March 2012, 07:17 PM
One thing that would have topped it off woulda been Rossco in THOSE shorts hahahahahahhaha good luck with it mate

Tappin N Crappin

Hey Growlers....

I've lost that much weight, I've gotta buy another pair...tighter.... lololol

Yendor
29th March 2012, 07:20 PM
Go Tank, Go Tank, Go Tank.

Mate, I hope you had a cracker of a day and Tank makes the front cover.

After all the blood sweat and tears you have put into Tank, you deserve it.

Cheers Rodney

Bigrig
29th March 2012, 09:52 PM
Thanks lads - truly appreciated!!

Not sure on the fame and fortune White Elephant!! lmao ... you reckon I'll be beating the groupies off after the mag comes out?? roflmfao!!

Thanks Rod - its been an effort, but worth it even if it is a 'freebie' shoot with a mag. I'm proud of it either way just to be selected.

Davey boy - trust me, irrespective of the shoot, my day was worse!!! I know you know what I mean!! lol

Did I mention I was stoked at getting to keep the plate covers?? lol ... truly didn't expect it, so as said, I'm obviously a simple creature ...

Tank did the hills with ease truth be told, and couldn't be happier ... did the same hill beside the main camp area as Dhuck and I did last year (video on the forum) and it was super washed out, and Tank dead set cruised up it - which compared to the video from last time was a major change as I got stuck at the very bottom trying to enter the track!!! Something to be said for outright power and torque!!!

Anyways ... enough self gratification ... hope the photos do it justice when edited and stuck in the mag.

Wore my forum polo also and had the 'owners' piccie taken with it centre of picture ... had the forum stubby holder over the transfer case stick as well, so most the internal shots (he took heaps!!) should have it exposed in them also!!!

Clunk
29th March 2012, 10:09 PM
Nice one Scotty, very impressed and I'll say it again........ Jealous as ;);):):beer::thumbup::thumbup:

Woof
30th March 2012, 01:01 AM
So happy for you Scotty, all the work that you have done to the Tank deserves to be shown mate...well done

Tweakedoffroad
30th March 2012, 02:05 AM
Well done mate the pics you took look awesome so the ones they took should be fantastic cant wait to see it in the mag

AB
30th March 2012, 06:03 AM
Well done Scotty, can't wait to see the mag mate, photos came out well too..Beast!!!

Mazodude
30th March 2012, 08:07 AM
Can't wait to see it scotty :D

growler2058
30th March 2012, 10:27 AM
Hey Growlers....

I've lost that much weight, I've gotta buy another pair...tighter.... lololol

Rekon you should go to the next level and get a mankini Borat style hahahahahahahhaaha

Edit: if ya got it flaunt it hahahahahahahaha make sure the plumbs are tucked in though if ya do a photo shoot hahhahahahahaha